Quick App: Eliminate

ngmoco Eliminate site

So who is playing online and what do you think?

I really like the game, but I think they are charging a little too much for energy. Perhaps half the price and double the energy would be more fair. People that spend money on energy for a game like this will come back and play more and more. I am disappointed with ngmoco for this.

The wait time for energy refil is ridicoully long; so long you are "forced" to buy energy to get anywhere in the game.

What are your experiences?
    11-01-2009 02:58 PM
    The good news is that while you can play without energy, that does not prevent you from rankings!
    11-01-2009 03:54 PM
    I'll have to check this out.

(Yeah, it's not out here in the US???)
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 11-01-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    11-01-2009 04:42 PM
    It is great Jeremy, you will love it (create a Canadian account and get it now :-)
    11-01-2009 05:05 PM
    It is great Jeremy, you will love it (create a Canadian account and get it now :-)
    Ahh, so that's how you got it...
    11-01-2009 07:39 PM
    You could just get it off the internet.
    Google it.
    11-02-2009 01:38 AM
    It's in the US store right now.
    11-03-2009 06:52 AM
    Installed it this morning and so far so good. Only played against the BOTS so far. I didn't look, what are they charging for energy refills?
    11-03-2009 08:09 AM
    It just showed up in the US store last night. It's pretty neat but I don't care for the pay to do anything model. Just charge me up front to play and then extra for extra content.

It kind of reminds me of this episode of Rocko's Modern life where they think they are going to go skiing for $5 and when they get there find that every THING is $5.
    11-03-2009 11:07 AM
    You can still play for free, just can only rank up whilst having energy.
    It's such a badass game, they just needa add a chat for some smack talkin'
    11-03-2009 12:27 PM
    Installed it this morning and so far so good. Only played against the BOTS so far. I didn't look, what are they charging for energy refills?
    No, no charge for that. I didn't survive at all.
    11-03-2009 12:42 PM
    The energy prices are a bit ridiculous, but the overall game is pretty good. I would like to see more weapons and better match making options but so far I am pretty happy. I think the prices for energy will drop in the coming weeks, at least I hope so because I think that the high prices will be a major limiting factor in the game's success and the developers will see that once the initial boom in sales from the release wears off.
    11-04-2009 08:58 PM
    Quick App: Eliminate

ngmoco Eliminate site

So who is playing online and what do you think?

I really like the game, but I think they are charging a little too much for energy. Perhaps half the price and double the energy would be more fair. People that spend money on energy for a game like this will come back and play more and more. I am disappointed with ngmoco for this.

The wait time for energy refil is ridicoully long; so long you are "forced" to buy energy to get anywhere in the game.

What are your experiences?
    I like playing Eliminate Pro but the whole ordeal of buying energy using in app purchases kills it for me. I see people paying $30 for a large amount of energy.. I think thats ridiculous and yeah they should offer less for more.
    11-04-2009 09:34 PM
    I don't mind paying extra for a game, but don't nickel-and-dime me to death to where I could have purchased 3 console games.
    11-04-2009 10:56 PM
    I honestly think its pretty good. the only problem i have is that i have to wait a day to recharge cause i dont wanna pay for any power cells. but other than that, I think its good.
    11-05-2009 10:04 AM
    When I initially got the game I got the $9.99 for 280 energy cells, but that was before I realized one match eats up a third of your energy bar (4 cells).

I started calculating everything out. They have 20 EC(energy cells) for $0.99 that doesn't even fill your energy bar up twice! So if you get 20 ECs for a buck that makes each EC $0.05 right? If you use 4 EC per match, then you are spending $0.20 per match that lasts about 1-2 minutes (if that long) In the package I bought, each cell is approximately $0.04 each (3.6 cents) So the more you bu the little cheaper it is.

Let's face it though, this is ridiculously overpriced, heck this can be easily more expensive than a subscription to play WoW! It can't possibly be costing ngmoco that much to run their servers... can it?

Wow I just used 3 unhappy smiles in a post, hadn't done that before... that should say something...
    11-06-2009 03:11 PM
    msbaylor I did the exact same thing buying the $9.99 energy. It is ridiculously expensive, and I think that the price is going to come down for energy OR they are going to adjust the amount of energy used per game. I actually think it is more likely they will change the amount of energy per game to be less.

Today also showed that they understand energy is expensive and I think this "faster charge for Modern Warfare 2" is really a test for them to see how much energy people will continue to pay for with a faster recharge time in effect.

For my own system I play eliminate once a day while on wifi at my house. I play six games with energy, and then continue to play until I'm tired of playing. The six games end up being my 3 free games from my free charge that happens over the course of the day, and then one charge that I use paid power for. Under this system I end up paying less than $0.50 a day, while still earning about 400 credits. Even so this game is going to end up costing about $15 a month for me, which is pretty steep. I think over the next few months though prices will come down.
    11-11-2009 09:57 PM
    Well, the good news is that the recharge time is cut to 60 minutes, but there is no way of knowing how long that will last. I think this cut in recharge time and more energy for the $, ngmoco will find a good balance of what people want and what they are willing to pay for.

Sort of like compromising, and I don't blame them. If they could get away with thousands of people paying for $30 in energy a week, why not? But, we know that is not happening, so the amount of energy you receive will change and we are starting to see experimentation with the recharge time.
    11-13-2009 10:41 AM
    I love this game. The company is giving away free credits and power cells. All you have to do is download a couple of their games and run them. I already deleted them.

The game itself is awesome and if you aren't a crazy gamer you can still play on the server. I really hope this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to FPS. I had a couple in the past and they don't live up to this game. What's cool is that you can challenge your friends and push notification let's them know their being challenged. Good stuff. Like I said I hope this is just the tip of what we are going to see on the phone.
    11-15-2009 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD