Ping! vs Whatsapp vs SMS

losamillion

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Im debating on which app to go with but i was wondering if any of these apps give the ability to have more than one person involved in the chat session? BB messenger had this feature and that would be the deal breaker for me. If not I really dont see whats the difference between the two and plan SMS.

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Nor Ping or WhatsApp have Group Chat at this moment, both of them I think will add it. I've always prefer WhatsApp though because of the future expansions and actual GUI, but there is one other App that has already been submitted to Apple that I think is called Flow Messenger, this one have Group Chating already and the Delivery and Receipt confirmation already in place, BTW, of the bunch, it's the one with better GUI and features.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I say try Ping! and WhatsApp. Of course, with WhatsApp you must give the person your mobile number. I've not tested either with multiple parties in a conversation...

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
If not I really dont see whats the difference between the two and plan SMS.

SMS will cost you money depending upon your plan. Ping!/WhatsApp do NOT cost money. It is like BB Messanger for iPhone. Of course both only work on iPhone ..... for now. So if you want to chat with someone without an iPhone you need to SMS or use something else.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
or if you don't want to wait for WhatsApp and Ping to come out with multi-chat and iPhone-to-BB chat capabilities, you can always install an IM client and chat that way. i cannot confirm that it offers multi-chat as i haven't tried this myself.

i simply sign into my AIM account (i think Yahoo offers this too) to send SMS messages to many of my friends/family during the day. it's free SMS too and you don't have to give more of your $$$ to your carrier for an SMS plan. :p i personally use Beejive ($9.99) as my IM client and just text people via AIM that way. Beejive lets you stay signed on for 7 days too! so you don't have to login all the time. or, you can just use the free AIM app via the App Store.

just some alternative suggestions...

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=314487667&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Text+[/URL] is free and does group chatting.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner