No more good twitter apps out there?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Okay, so I have around 22 twitter apps. I can't seem to find anymore good ones, I have them all that I know of. :eek:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
LOL, I've been collecting them for a year. The first one I bought was Twitterific Premium. My number two favorite one. I only have a few that are free.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Ah well speak of the devil. Twitly just hit the app store. Bought it and seems pretty nice. I think that makes 22 so far.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Wow, how many twitter apps do you keep on your phone at once? All 22? Dang! That's like a page and a half devoted to twitter!

I only have a few paid ones (Tweetie, Tweetie 2, Twitterena, TwitBit, and Twittelator Pro)

Twitterena - .99 (don't even use it anymore)
Tweetie - 2.99
Tweetie 2 - 2.99
Twitbit - 4.99
Twittelator Pro - 4.99

I have TwitBird Pro and a few other paid ones that I got for free when i saw them on sale for holiday weekends or for launches.

So I've paid 17 bucks total on Twitter apps. I pretty much only use TwitBit, Tweetie 2, or Twittelator now. Tweetie 2 is my main one, but when the other 2 get updated, I try those out as well. I've been switching between the other 2 for quite a while until tweetie 2 came out.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I keep them all on my iPhone at the same time. I think there's some that have been erased that I simply couldn't stand.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I keep that many so when updates come out I can see what the progress on them is. I just like to use them all.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Well let's see, on my iPhone currently:

SimplyTweet
qStatus
Tweetpocket
Twitterific Premium
Birdfeed
Birdbrain
Landscape Tweeting
Twitbird Pro
TweetTime
Twittelator Pro
Twiltr
Twitterena Pro
Echofon Pro
Twitterville
TweetFlip
Tweetie
Tweetie 2
Tweetings
Chirp
Tweetdeck
Pingle
LaTwit
Tweetery
Twitly
TwitBit
TrafficTweet

And that's it.
What's that, 26? Holy crap, that's more than I thought I had.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
You have 22 Twitter apps? I can't believe that I missed this thread yesterday...

Anyway, I've given up on SimplyTweet, and now I'm using Echofon Pro. It does what it's suppose to do, with NO connection issues at all.

But, having said all that, if Tweetie 2 had built-in PUSH, I'd delete all other Twitter apps :)

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't go that far. I think I'd put it down to more of the 'people' that you may follow.

In addition, I have my account blocked because you do tend to have some idiots following and posting\tweeting pure rubbish...

Anyway, moving on, this is more about the volume of Twitter apps, vs. Twitter content :)

Twitter sucks. Its a bunch of brainless people who think they can be reporters. isnt 90% of all 'tweets' gibberish?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I use SimplyTweet, but it is annoying that it times out and has as many problems connecting as it does. If tweetie 2 had push, I would probably give that a shot.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had as many SimplyTweet connection errors lately. Don't know if it's because of the updated version, Twitter's been behaving, or some other behind the scenes change. But it's been working pretty well for me lately. But I do like Tweetie2 and wish it had push.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73