$.99, ***

Pros:
  • Nice, visual elements
  • Easy to pick up
  • Graphical design for tasks and to do list

Cons:
  • Limited features
  • Possibly easy to lose track of tasks

TaskCard is a to do list app that takes a graphical, visual approach to creating and managing tasks instead of the normal list approach. Unlike other apps, which require you to include priorities, due dates, make things off as completed, and have long lists to scroll through, TaskCard tries to simplify things by using a graphical interface for task management.

Tasks are organized onto little "cards", which the users can manipulate and edit. No indication of priority, no indication of due dates, just cards with tasks (think of them as sticky notes). The screen is divided into three areas - "to do", "in progress", and "done". When you create a task card, it appears on the top of the screen. When you are working on a task, you simply slide the card down to the "in progress" area. When finished, move it to "done". When you are done you can also drag a task to the trash to remove it.

Taskcard allows for some customization - you can modify the background theme and you can modify the font. Beyond that you can't change anything. I would have loved to see some various features added to taskcard - maybe having high priority items appear "on top" of the other cards. Maybe having items with due dates pop to the top with an alarm at a certain time. If you have a lot of tasks, I can see some of them getting lost in the clutter. For that reason, it would be great to have a "switch to a complete" view option (or something like that) so you could see all your cards, making sure you didn't forget any. Lastly, I would love to see some sort of "auto delete" that will remove finished tasks after a certain length of time.

All in all, I like the idea of TaskCard, I just wish it had a few more features. I love the "feel" of moving a card to the trashbin when it is completed. I like the graphical interface, it has a very polished feel to it. But ultimately, I think if you have an extensive task list, or have items that have distinct priorities, it would be too easy to have things get lost in the shuffle. Even at just $.99, if a task manager make it harder to keep track of tasks, I feel it is not doing a very good job. For that reason, I am giving it three out of five stars. There is a free "lite" version if you want to try before you buy.

Rating scale:

* = No redeeming qualities or features, probably not worth it even if it is free
** = Few redeeming qualities, or is simply isn't worth the price
*** = Some good features but also some clear flaws.
**** = A solid app, worth the money if interested, a few flaws or problems or slightly overpriced
***** = Top of the line app, no problems or drawbacks.

Price is factored into the ratings. Ratings are lowered if I feel the price of the app outweighs the benefits/enjoyment/features it provides. Likewise, an app that is a good value for the money will have a higher rating.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2