do.it, by Magoaten
$.99, ****

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Lots of themes
  • Nice interface

Cons
  • Not a lot of detailed features

do.it is a themed to do list manager. Rather than implement a huge array of features and functions, do.it instead offers basic to do list functionality, and instead focuses it's efforts on allowing users to customize a theme for their lists.

Let's start with the features of do.it. There are basic to do list options - having due dates, prioritizing different items, allowing for a detailed descriptions, sorting by date, priority, or your own order. One nice feature that I liked was do.it included an option for a "quick item" - basically just a title you could put in quickly (presumably to edit at a later time). Do.it also features notifications, so you get a badge notification when there are items that are overdue. Lastly, do.it also enables you to email a to do list item to someone.

Beyond that, however, do.it doesn't over any enhanced functionality. No searching, for example. Instead, do.it focuses on allowing users to customize the interface with various themes. Do.it includes thirty different themes to customize your to do list - ranging from simple color changes ("purple themes") to more involved, elaborate schemes that changes colors, "completed icon", and even the background.

Unfortunately, there is no way to use you own background, or mix and match different theme options. Given that do.it seems to be focusing on interface, I would have expected an increased ability to combine or edit the various themes. There also is no way to combine multiple themes or create different lists with different themes. It seems to me that having a "fun" list that had a sports theme, and a "work list" that maybe had a computer theme would make sense.

All in all, do.it is a basic to do list manager that includes some fun themes. For what it is, do.it does a good job in being a simple to do list manager. If you want a simple to do list app, that adds a little interest and ability to personalize, do.it may suit your needs. But if you are looking for a more full featured to do list app, then you will be disappointed with do.it. For $.99 however, it may be worth trying. Four out of five stars.

Rating scale:

* = No redeeming qualities or features, probably not worth it even if it is free
** = Few redeeming qualities, or is simply isn't worth the price
*** = Some good features but also some clear flaws.
**** = A solid app, worth the money if interested, a few flaws or problems or slightly overpriced
***** = Top of the line app, no problems or drawbacks.

Price is factored into the ratings. Ratings are lowered if I feel the price of the app outweighs the benefits/enjoyment/features it provides. Likewise, an app that is a good value for the money will have a higher rating.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods