Navigon questions

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey, peeps. I'm user of the Navigon app and there are three things that are stumping me. Hopefully someone can help me out...

1) When you first start using the app it gives you a way to set up a home address so that you can use the "Take Me Home" feature. How do you change that address? Haven't been to find that option. Surely the developers at Navigon know that people move sometimes :)

2) To use the iPod functions within Navigon, you have to send songs to the playlist, correct? Well how do you remove songs from the playlist. I tried it today and selected the "send all songs" function. What if I wanted to remove some songs?

3) Finally...am I the only one who's a little dumbfounded at Navigon's inexplicable inability to read simple address from the contact list? For example it doesn't recognize my girlfriend's address on E 82nd St in Manhattan. But when I try to enter it manually it seems to recognize it. I find that hard to understand.

Thanks in advance for the help!

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
1) When you first start using the app it gives you a way to set up a home address so that you can use the "Take Me Home" feature. How do you change that address? Haven't been to find that option. Surely the developers at Navigon know that people move sometimes :)

Easy... when you look up a new location, there is a MORE button at the bottom? Tap it and then tap "Save as Home Address". :D

Oh, and if you want to set home to your /current/ location? Do this:

1. Go to Main Menu
  2. Tap Show Map
  3. If in 3D mode, tap in map area to go to 2D overhead view
  4. Tap Set Destination
  5. Tap right arrow in location box that shows up in map area
  6. Tap More
  7. Tap Save as Home Address

It takes a few steps, but it's do-able :D

2) To use the iPod functions within Navigon, you have to send songs to the playlist, correct? Well how do you remove songs from the playlist. I tried it today and selected the "send all songs" function. What if I wanted to remove some songs?

Can't help ya here... I haven't used the iPod mode of the app. When I'm using it I'm most often in the car (sat radio) or walking (and want to pay attention).

3) Finally...am I the only one who's a little dumbfounded at Navigon's inexplicable inability to read simple address from the contact list? For example it doesn't recognize my girlfriend's address on E 82nd St in Manhattan. But when I try to enter it manually it seems to recognize it. I find that hard to understand.

Well, I tried this with a simple address: 100 E 82ND ST, NEW YORK, NY 10028. Mind you, Manhattan may be a borough but it ain't a city. I put this in a contact and verified that Google Map had no trouble finding it. When I selected the address via Navigon it presented me with four possible matches. Mind you, only two of these were NYC and only one of them had a matching ZIP code. The other was 11350 and was totally nowhere near Manhattan. So if you were attentive to city name and ZIP code there would be no question.

I'm guessing that Navigon isn't using the ZIP code from the address -- you don't normally provide one when manually entering an address in the app, right? -- and probably should be. I'd report it as a bug or enhancement request.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711