Tweetie 2 Released!

dok

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
i like it better than the 1st. sure the themes aren't carried over from the 1st, but who cares?

love the pull down to refresh feature among many other things...

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
-Fresh, great UI
-Slick (Pull down to refresh is pretty creative)
-Once again sooo many different options, from choosing which users you would like push notifications from and actually changing your profile pic and information from inside the app (very conveinant)

Dislikes:
-No longer any themes, just one default theme

Overall - I was questioning whether or not it would be worth the $2.99 upgrade, but after I made the plunge I found it well worth it. :D

alliei5

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
Love the new and improved tweetie 2! Definitely the best twitter app out there, no complaints from me:p

Can't wait til it comes out for the Mac which should be soon:)

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
Love the new and improved tweetie 2! Definitely the best twitter app out there, no complaints from me:p
Can't wait til it comes out for the Mac which should be soon:)

No, feature-wise this new version doesn't come close to Twitterlator pro. It's a nice update but certainly not worth buying again for 2.99.

I also found a bug. I have over 90+ contacts and when I search my contact from a new tweet, Tweetie 2 only finds about 30 or so contacts.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
-Once again sooo many different options, from choosing which users you would like push notifications from and actually changing your profile pic and information from inside the app (very conveinant)

I'm sorry, but I gotta say that this is misleading. Tweetie does not offer push notifications. These notifications are SMS notifications. Not even close to the same thing.

I really like Tweetie 2. I've been using it exclusively today along with Boxcar. I really dislike the fact that I must use Boxcar in order to have push though. But the app is very good. I love how I can add twitter information to current contacts and link with address book. It's also very snappy - even with pic/video uploads. And the UI... well it's beautiful :)

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
No, feature-wise this new version doesn't come close to Twitterlator pro. It's a nice update but certainly not worth buying again for 2.99.

I also found a bug. I have over 90+ contacts and when I search my contact from a new tweet, Tweetie 2 only finds about 30 or so contacts.

I really cant stand ther interface to many other twitter apps. Twitterfon is horrible. Twitterific isnt bad. Tweetie is just clean and doesnt look like a mess. I much prefer Tweetie 1 and 2 over the other twitter apps I just like clean looking apps I guess. I dont mind boxcar for push. Tweetie dev says sms notifications are fine.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I gotta say that this is misleading. Tweetie does not offer push notifications. These notifications are SMS notifications. Not even close to the same thing.

I really like Tweetie 2. I've been using it exclusively today along with Boxcar. I really dislike the fact that I must use Boxcar in order to have push though. But the app is very good. I love how I can add twitter information to current contacts and link with address book. It's also very snappy - even with pic/video uploads. And the UI... well it's beautiful :)

Not misleading at all. It is simply a different kind of push.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Definitely an improvement over the original. I think the persistance feature is the one I appreciate the most. Dislikes: no public timeline, for some reason. But a winner overall.

Also, does anyone know what the "tag" symbol is? I usually see it when I select a topic with #.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not misleading at all. It is simply a different kind of push.

Most everyone knows how I feel about this. It is no different than how Beejive IM worked prior to 3.0. You could be alerted with SMS messages on all incoming messages. Which was nice to have PRE-3.0. Of course they updated their app to use true push notifications when 3.0 hit. It really is mind boggling as to why such a successful Twitter application does not include one of the most sought after features of the 3.xx software.

As for Tweetie 2 and what I think of it outside of the lack of push... it's decent but coming from the original Tweetie I expected much more. In some ways Tweetie 2 went backwards. Why remove the themes? Sure the gimmicky features like pull down to refresh are nice but do I think it warranted a full re-write of the app? No. I feel Echofon Pro and Twitbit are both on track to start edging out Tweetie based upon their recent free updates - no doubt about it.

And some people will agree with me here and others will not. And that's ok. ;)

SURF_AND_TURF

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I agree with you JFsikora... Tweetie 2 is an awesome app but its still stuck in pre 3.0 I feel like. I mean having Boxcar give you the push works but you shouldn't have to use another app to get your push now that Push is available in the app. But that is just my opinion.