So How's Genius for Apps Working For Ya?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I haven't found any recommendation compelling enough to buy an app. However, I've bought many apps that weren't recommended.

Here's a screenshot, maybe it helps show the relevance (or lack thereof) of the recommendations. They're not as crazy or funny as they were the first few days, so I guess that's something...

Anyone having better luck? Any funnier screenshots to share?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I can't even figure out how to work it for apps...

Also, is it based on my download history? Or like songs where you pick one and it generates a list off that one?

Edit - Guess I just never noticed that extra option on the iPhone app store. How do you see them in iTunes then, that's the only place I ever looked.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I have 80 apps on my phone currently with a few hundred in iTunes. When I first tried it the results were pretty messy but I have noticed the more I delete the choices they give me the more accurate it seems to be getting.

And as far as I know you can only use the app Genius on the phone and not within iTunes.

dok

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
i haven't used it to purchase any apps. i can see how it might be considered helpful tho. i don't like that it recommends an app based on one i already have that does a similar task. doesn't that defeat the purpose? i already have an app for that ya know?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR