Slingplayer over 3G

gocubsgo72

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
So...here's one that I don't understand and I wonder if anyone else has an opinion (or an explanation).....

We can stream DirecTv's NFL Superfan Package over 3G without any issues whatsoever (and it looks great btw). However, we can't stream our Slingplayers' over 3G.

I wonder what their reasoning is?

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Because AT&T is morally bankrupt and they want to curtail competition.

AT&T partners with Dish in some areas and has currently expanded their contract with Direct TV. Link

Plus in come areas isn't AT&T Uverse actually Direct TV.

So the FCC needs to get some foot up in their you know what about this.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Because AT&T is morally bankrupt and they want to curtail competition.

AT&T partners with Dish in some areas and has currently expanded their contract with Direct TV. Link

Plus in come areas isn't AT&T Uverse actually Direct TV.

So the FCC needs to get some foot up in their you know what about this.

We call these "agreements in restraint of trade."

The FCC has not yet had the last word on this issue.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
While waiting for this issue to sort out, one could easily jailbreak and install 3G Unrestrictor and then use Slingplayer, Skype, etc over 3G! :)

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
While waiting for this issue to sort out, one could easily jailbreak and install 3G Unrestrictor and then use Slingplayer, Skype, etc over 3G! :)

That's what I did. I jailbroke and installed 3G Unrestrictor and you know what? I don't regret a moment of it. I saw it as a bigg eff u to AT&T. But eventually I got sick of the jailbreak mary-go-round, you know waiting to install updates, losing sleep because I was afraid of losing my jailbreak. Yes, I have issues.

But if you do jailbreak you'll love every moment of using 3G Unrestictor on your phone. It'll make you feel like you have the powers of the Justice League.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73