We recently launched Ascendo DataVault, Password Manager for iPhone and iPod Touch, on iTunes.
    DataVault stores confidential information like credit card numbers, usernames, passwords and PINs in a secure, encrypted format.

Click here to skip to v4.2 enhancements.
    Click here to skip to DataVault for Mac announcement.

The feature set includes...
    • Tree View for intuitive organization of items by Category and Type (see image below).
    • List View with alphabetical index for rapid searching.
    • Two-way Synchronization with full-featured DataVault Desktop (sold separately). Import from eWallet, SplashID, Firefox, RoboForms and many other 3rd party apps.
    • Password Generator and Password Strength Meter.
    • AES encryption & advanced security settings.

Click here for complete product information.

If you have questions, comments or you are interested in reviewing DataVault, please send an email to info[AT]ascendo-inc.com

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo

Keywords: wallet, safe, secure, keeper, vault, security, encryption
    Last edited by Ascendo; 03-19-2010 at 12:14 PM.
    10-01-2009 11:51 AM
    We released Version 4.2 of Ascendo DataVault (iTunes Link). This version includes many new features & improvements requested by users, see partial list below.

• Enhanced security settings for maximum login attempts, security time out & auto-lock.
    • Added copy-to-clipboard to password generator and item details screen.
    • Implemented live links for email addresses & URLs. Improved detection of telephone numbers before prompting user to initiate phone call.
    • Added support for synchronizing unicode character sets (, , ) with DataVault Desktop.
    • Numerous other usability improvements.

See complete list on our Release Notes page.

For a detailed product description, click here.

We would be glad to hear from you! For technical assistance, please email wallet_support[AT]ascendo-inc.com. For all other comments and inquiries, please email info[AT]ascendo-inc.com.

Best,
    Marc Bolh
    Ascendo Inc.

12-26-2009 04:32 AM
    After several months using Data Vault exclusively, the only thing I would change is the ability to set a larger fault within cards. I went to the bank the other day...and couldn't read my account number.
    12-26-2009 10:04 AM
    I had a great deal of trouble upgrading to the iphone desktop version from the BB version. It corrupted my data. The data seemed fine in the desktop version, but would not transfer the data at all.

I had to go back to an earlier backup of the data, import that data and then rebuild the database, Their tech support could not figure it out. A pain, but still a good program, just be careful when you upgrade. Make a backup of the data first.
    12-27-2009 09:23 AM
    Wise words no matter what program you're using - always make a backup of the data (if possible). It's one of the things that makes people fearful of using the cloud.
    12-27-2009 10:39 AM
    After several months using Data Vault exclusively, the only thing I would change is the ability to set a larger fault within cards.
    Hi Alli,

We increased the font size in version 4.2 of DataVault for iPhone & iPod Touch, hope that helped.

I will discuss adding a user setting for font size with the development team.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo
    03-15-2010 10:07 AM
    I had a great deal of trouble upgrading to the iphone desktop version from the BB version.
    Hi JC,

We have added synchronization with DataVault for iPhone to the standard DataVault for Windows desktop (same one that sync with BlackBerry). Please contact wallet_support[AT]ascendo-inc.com or send me a PM if you have any more issues.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo
    03-15-2010 10:17 AM
    We have released DataVault for Mac OS desktops with wifi synchronization to Ascendo DataVault for iPhone & iPod Touch.* DataVault for Mac is a full-featured password manager, not just a backup utility. See below for partial list of features.

• Display items in tree view, organized by category & type, or list view (see screen shot).
    • Two-way synchronization over wifi with conflict resolution.*
    • Select from 25 pre-defined templates or create your own.
    • Generate passwords choosing length and types of characters.
    • Use strength meter to determine if passwords are weak, good or strong.

* Synchronization with DataVault for BlackBerry is in beta testing.

For a product description, user guide, FAQ and link to download free trial, click here.

For technical assistance, please email wallet_support[AT]ascendo-inc.com. For all other comments, suggestions or inquiries, please email info[AT]ascendo-inc.com or send private message.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo

03-15-2010 10:21 AM
    Hi Alli,

We increased the font size in version 4.2 of DataVault for iPhone & iPod Touch, hope that helped.

I will discuss adding a user setting for font size with the development team.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo
    The larger the view of the data, the better it is for those of us with poor eyesight. Thanks!
    03-15-2010 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD