WhatsApp or Ping!?!?!?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I don't know about everyone else but I think one of the great things about modern social media is just being able to chat it up with people you would otherwise never encounter.

You are absolutely right MrP!! I had a nice conversation with a Ping buddy from Switzerland the other day.

A guy from Alabama talking with someone from Switzerland. Now that something you don't see every day!:rolleyes::D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I love WhatsApp it's like texting but free. I don't mind the whole number thing because I only use it to talk to friends, co-workers, and family who already have my number anyway.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Ping! 1.1 submitted to Apple...

Ping! 1.1 has been submitted on Sept 30.
Changelog:
NEW FEATURE - unregistering Ping! ID
Fixed landscape keyboard
Fixed occasional duplicate messages
Fixed notification settings icon
In-app invitation email
Added localization for German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Ditto! And, sometimes I can click, and click into the text box, and nothing happens.

Also, I typed someone's ID in, and sent a message. But, I sent it to the wrong ID, so I re-entered the ID correctly, but, it won't accept said ID, and move to the text field.

Needless to say, I've now deleted the app :mad:

Same thing happened to me. I had to have the person send me a message instead.

Bugbabe

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Ping for a few days and apart from the issues listed above it's good

as I use a touch and not an iPhone and therefore have no phone number, can I still register for an account on Whatapps?

Thanks

from a Newbie

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
These apps both have some issues, but I have to point out that the native iPhone SMS interface also does. I lose texts and MMSs from it as well! The Ping! dupes are irritating, but the developer seems to be responsive and working hard on it, so I'm going to keep using it and wait to see what he comes up with next.

iphoneappfan

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
These apps both have some issues, but I have to point out that the native iPhone SMS interface also does. I lose texts and MMSs from it as well! The Ping! dupes are irritating, but the developer seems to be responsive and working hard on it, so I'm going to keep using it and wait to see what he comes up with next.

while we wait to see what he comes up with next, I will say check out the ITIM social networking app:) which allows you to send and receive photos and text messaging right to your iphone

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I deleted ping from my phone. Too buggy for me. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you if you ping me. Hopefully a new update will he coming soon and I'll try it again.

q8hurricane

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
hi all

neither whatsapp nor Ping! works with my iPhone
my iPhone is jailbroken .. used redsn0w and 3.0 firmm.

i have a friend with "officially unlocked" iPhone and whatsapp works great with him

any ideas?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That shouldn't make a difference. I'm jb on 3.0.1 and can use both - although I deleted Ping cause I felt it was worthless.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
That shouldn't make a difference. I'm jb on 3.0.1 and can use both - although I deleted Ping cause I felt it was worthless.

same here. except the deletion of Ping part. :) i still have it...for now. yet to get any friends to buy WhatsApp. many of my iPhone 'buddies' are still rocking 1st gen iPhones. and don't even have OS 3.0 installed yet. <insert sigh here>

whatsapp#IM

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Ping for a few days and apart from the issues listed above it's good

as I use a touch and not an iPhone and therefore have no phone number, can I still register for an account on Whatapps?

Thanks

from a Newbie

the reason we don't do iPod Touch is because iPod Touch only works when you are on Wi-Fi. in my opinion this is a major limitation for us and i just don't want to charge iPod Touch users for an app which will kind of work due to this network limitation. now if we make a free Lite version, yes, maybe...

whatsapp#IM

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
hi all

neither whatsapp nor Ping! works with my iPhone
my iPhone is jailbroken .. used redsn0w and 3.0 firmm.

i have a friend with "officially unlocked" iPhone and whatsapp works great with him

any ideas?

we officially can't support jailbroken phones since all kind of badness can happen with jailbreaking. there is a reason why apple has dozens of bsd kernel engineers working on the iphone:)

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Ah, since WhatsApp is replying to post(s), let me ask this:

Why is it, sometimes one can receive a message, then reply, but when the person replies to you, you don't get a notification or any indication that you have a message UNLESS you happen to go back into the app?

I've been chatting with Alli, and we had that exact same issue...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW