We do? So I shouldn't have blindly given ctt1wbw and naviwilliams my phone number to use with WhatsApp?

Darn.
    Hey now!
    09-27-2009 05:38 AM
    My Ping! name is beebee
    09-27-2009 05:11 PM
    Something tells me that PUSH is still not 100% working properly for iPhones. The reason I say this is because I've been testing WhatsApp & Ping! with someone in the SAME ROOM as me for a couple of days. And 90% of the messages would go through; but what about the other 10%? They are just as important, no?

I just don't get it. I've even been reading the reviews from people in iTunes, and they seem to say a few things similar...
    09-28-2009 08:36 AM
    Can i register Ping! services?
    Where ?
    09-28-2009 08:41 AM
    lol @ navi ... always making me laugh!

Ping username - haha, take a guess!
    09-28-2009 11:36 AM
    Ping! is a bit too buggy for decent use right now.

Still need to try WhatsApp..
    09-28-2009 12:49 PM
    What issues are you having?

From time to time I don't always receive messages...

Ping! is a bit too buggy for decent use right now.

Still need to try WhatsApp..
    09-28-2009 03:55 PM
    Okay so after a long weekend using both, my opinion is that WhatsApp is the app of choice in this area. The UI is clean. Personally sharing my number isnt that big of a deal. The notifications and text exchange really came thru pretty darn quick(was texting my buddy via WhatsApp from LA to NY). Ping is good too, but WhatsApp didnt give me any issues, where Ping! had minor, minor bugs(maybe just me). Hats off to both devs though, both are great. It's just WhatsApp won me over. WhatsApp had me at hello...
    09-28-2009 04:49 PM
    What issues are you having?

From time to time I don't always receive messages...
    Two big ones I noticed very quickly today..

1-Chat box disappearing when turning phone from portrait to landscape and vice versa..

2-Ping! box in top left hand corner in portrait view disappears when in landscape view..
    09-28-2009 10:24 PM
    I was lying in bed and accidentally flipped the iPhone on it's side. That forced me to restart the app just so I could type a text message.
    09-29-2009 05:25 AM
    Here's another complaint for Ping... I just tried typing in someone's pin name and it won't skip to the text box. Just won't. Annoying!
    09-29-2009 05:29 AM
    Two big ones I noticed very quickly today..

1-Chat box disappearing when turning phone from portrait to landscape and vice versa..

2-Ping! box in top left hand corner in portrait view disappears when in landscape view..
    Same here from time to time.
    09-29-2009 08:32 AM
    Ditto! And, sometimes I can click, and click into the text box, and nothing happens.

Also, I typed someone's ID in, and sent a message. But, I sent it to the wrong ID, so I re-entered the ID correctly, but, it won't accept said ID, and move to the text field.

Needless to say, I've now deleted the app

Here's another complaint for Ping... I just tried typing in someone's pin name and it won't skip to the text box. Just won't. Annoying!
    09-29-2009 08:39 AM
    Brickman, I'm having the same problem. It's really starting to bug me. Whatsapp is looking better but no one is going to want to give out their phone number and I don't know that many iPhone users. Hopefully the developer is working on all the issues.
    09-29-2009 08:41 AM
    Ditto! And, sometimes I can click, and click into the text box, and nothing happens.

Also, I typed someone's ID in, and sent a message. But, I sent it to the wrong ID, so I re-entered the ID correctly, but, it won't accept said ID, and move to the text field.

Needless to say, I've now deleted the app
    Well, I'm always on Twitter and you can still get me on WhatsApp.
    09-29-2009 08:48 AM
    I'm beginning to wonder if Ping! was rushed for release. Considering all of a sudden Google Sync released sync and other developers released countless PUSH apps for GMail...

Anyway, hopefully the developer will amend issues quickly.
    09-29-2009 08:53 AM
    I'm liking whatsapp better for now. Too many bugs on Ping for me. I'll give it another shot when it's worked on. I'll be using whatsapp. Feel free to pm if you use it. Yes you have to share your number. It doesn't bother me. It's not my social security number.
    09-29-2009 01:28 PM
    Yeah whatsapp is better my ping crashes all the time I can't even read half the messages I get most of the time...
    09-30-2009 10:18 AM
    i prefer Ping right now
    09-30-2009 10:27 AM
    I am just curious as to the advantage over SMS? Now if you are on a limited SMS plan I can see how this could be useful but if you have the unlimited SMS plan what does this app give you over regular old SMS? Just want to know if it is worth it or not....
    09-30-2009 07:02 PM
    jeremy_stewart

I don't have WhatsApp ....yet
    09-30-2009 07:17 PM
    ...very good point!

I am just curious as to the advantage over SMS? Now if you are on a limited SMS plan I can see how this could be useful but if you have the unlimited SMS plan what does this app give you over regular old SMS? Just want to know if it is worth it or not....
    10-01-2009 09:26 AM
    Looks like I'll be sticking with BeeJive.. pretty much does everything and more compared to both apps.
    10-01-2009 09:57 AM
    Yeah, I guess when you boil it down, they're all the same thing.
    10-01-2009 11:06 AM
    Well take me for example. I have 1500 texts/month plan. Yeah decent amount right? Often between work and family and the fiance, i can creep up to the limit, and frankly I dont want to pay anything due to overage on anything. So, now with apps like these, I can text my family, my girl and coworkers who have iPhones for free. Thus saving me from possibly reaching my limit and going over. It essentially means now I have unlimited texts to the people I talk to most, and now can freely text coworkers when theyre on sales calls and stuff....without worrying what my limit is. Because I'll have an entire set where the messages are free and unlimited(because well all have iPhones). So thats why apps like this are great for me.
    10-01-2009 01:31 PM
104 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD