WYSE PocketCloud // LogMeIn Ignition: Questions

rallen

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
I only discovered these two apps last night. Remotely accessing my PC sounds excellent. I have two questions about these remote apps:

1. I suppose my PC has to be ON to remotely access it. Can you remotely access your PC when it is 'sleeping'?

2. They look as though they turn your iPhone 'into your computer'. When using a remote app on my iPhone am I able to open Microsoft Word, Excel etc. and create NEW documents, spreadsheets etc.?

3. Anyone happen to have tried both?

I will be grateful for any replies pointing me in the right direction/answers.

Rowan

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LogMeIn allows you to do anything on your PC that you could do if you were sitting there....aka. use apps, print docs etc.

PC does have to be on...I mean seriously.

I'm not sure about sleeping...But I know if you have a screen saver lock out you can access it @ the lock out, it will ask you if you want to log in.

Log me in is worth EVERY FREAKIN PENNY of the 29.99 price tag.

rallen

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your answer, appreciated. I do realise that the PC has to be on. I haven't purchased either app yet and I have to agree with you, they actually seem worth a lot more than what they are priced at. It's a bit like turning your iPhone into a Netbook.

If anyone knows whether you can put your PC in 'sleep' mode and still remotely access it, please let me know.

Thank you

rojocrandall#IM

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I have tried both. Actually, I could never get WYSE PC to work with my DSL modem setup after many hours of trying. Turned remote access on, had issues getting external IP and opening port 89, etc...

Then tried LogMeIn. Very easy setup and installation on iPhone, PC and Laptop.
I was able to connect within 5 mins. and run the machines like I was on them.
I did learn that if either the PC or Laptop was in sleep or hibernate mode, you cannot establish a connection. You can access if it is locked though.

streetgrunt

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
x3 on the log me in app. Worth the money even though i my experience you wouldn't want to be using it all day. Great for remote record retrieval and support. Mine will wake from screen saver but not hibernate. I've only got one vista machine (1 too many) but i know it works great on xp.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2