****1/2, $.99

Pros:
  • Interactive
  • Songs in multiple languages
  • Multiple instruments
  • Sing along version

Cons:
  • Too few lyrics

In the interest of full disclosure, I received a promo code to review this app.

Old MacDonald has come to the iPhone, and he has brought his farm. In this entertaining app for children, you can listen and play along as Old MacDonald describes what he has on his farm.

The app starts off with Old MacDonald (or some relative) singing about the chickens he has on his farm. But rather than leave it at that, the good folks at Duck Duck Moose have made the farm interactive. Tap, slide, and move various objects of the screen to see a reaction. When hearing about the chicken, tap the chicken in front to make him jump! Slide the cows along the back to see them move around. Animations include pig artists, aliens coming to attack the cows, frogs jumping around, and just about everything else you can think of.

But that's not all. When setting the app up, you can choose between different musical instruments, different languages, and even have your child sing along. My daughter loved this part, she would sing along and them couldn't wait to hear herself on playback during the song!

The various farm vehicles and animals includes ducks, frogs, bulldozers, cows, pigs, sheep, dump trucks, and more. My only regret was when the various farm implements and animals were done, it seemed to soon. Not much else to add to review, it is pretty straightforward!

All in all, this app doesn't try to be too much, and it does add a nice twist to the Old MacDonald song.
If you child is the correct age (my guess is between 2 and 5) they will probably get hours of entertainment from this. My only complaint was that I wanted more animals and vehicles! At $.99, this app would be great for entertaining young kids. Four and a half out of five stars.

Rating scale:

* = No redeeming qualities or features, probably not worth it even if it is free
** = Few redeeming qualities, or is simply isn't worth the price
*** = Some good features but also some clear flaws.
**** = A solid app, worth the money if interested, a few flaws or problems or slightly overpriced
***** = Top of the line app, no problems or drawbacks.

Price is factored into the ratings. Ratings are lowered if I feel the price of the app outweighs the benefits/enjoyment/features it provides. Likewise, an app that is a good value for the money will have a higher rating.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox