non integrated iphone contacts app

gnuke69

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

Is anyone aware of an iPhone contact list type app that doesn't integrate with the existing contact app? I have to migrate my work contacts from my old palm lifedrive and I don't want 500 plus entries clogging my every day contacts.

I've looked at apps like abcontact and while they would replace the standard contact app and work well at that, it doesn't work when looking at contacts via the phone or looking up a contact in messaging etc.

Thanks in advance,
G

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you are asking for conflicting needs.

you don't want integration but you appear to want to be able to work with them in the phone and messaging.

pick one

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Are you an Exchange user?

If so, how about creating a Contacts group in Outlook? I use the main Contacts folder in Outlook to hold all of my business contacts, and I created a sub-folder for all personal contacts. On the iPhone, both lists are merged into one, but I can push the Groups button on the iPhone and open either the personal or business contacts separately.

I don't know if this would work with a regular Itunes/Outlook sync, but it works great with my Exchange account.