Does anyone know how this application works? As far as I can tell, the application is useless because the data provided appears inconsistent and incorrect.

For example, it is not unusual to see the current temperature being outside the forecasted range (e.g. current temp 58, High 72 and low 61)...how is that even possible? Also, comparing the "Current" to the "Hourly" often doesn't make sense, as it would require very significant movement in temperatures in a short time. And if you look at the data provided by "The Weather Channel" website, it will confuse you more.

I know weather isn't an exact science, and the data is updated sporadically, but is this the best they can do? Am I the only one that is having trouble with this weather application?
    Last edited by ktdw; 09-10-2009 at 08:33 PM.
    09-10-2009 08:30 PM
    Cjvitek did a review of it here: http://bit.ly/2cnlPG
    09-10-2009 09:03 PM
    Personally Iike MyWeather Mobile since they *are* the data providers. So there's not as much lag as on other app updates. Fizz weather also does a pretty good job. IMO.
    09-10-2009 09:12 PM
    Does anyone know how this application works? As far as I can tell, the application is useless because the data provided appears inconsistent and incorrect.

For example, it is not unusual to see the current temperature being outside the forecasted range (e.g. current temp 58, High 72 and low 61)...how is that even possible? Also, comparing the "Current" to the "Hourly" often doesn't make sense, as it would require very significant movement in temperatures in a short time. And if you look at the data provided by "The Weather Channel" website, it will confuse you more.

I know weather isn't an exact science, and the data is updated sporadically, but is this the best they can do? Am I the only one that is having trouble with this weather application?
    It's possible because they do not actually know what the temperature will be at any given time. The reporting weather station may have a breeze or cooler air resulting in lower temperatures than predicted. They have may have 10 day forecasts but they really cannot predict "accurately" much beyond 12 hours.

I personally prefer weatherbug as it lets you pick specific weather stations and one happens to be right across the street from my house on an elementary school. It's radar map also seems a bit more responsive and loads faster.
    09-10-2009 10:04 PM
    Personally Iike MyWeather Mobile since they *are* the data providers. So there's not as much lag as on other app updates. Fizz weather also does a pretty good job. IMO.
    MyWeather gets their data from the same NWS weather stations as everyone else.
    09-10-2009 10:05 PM
    I have the free weather channel app, and honestly it works great for me. Granted, I dont use it all the time...but it is accurate when i do. it gives me great forecasts, and i love the maps and the video forecasts. between that and the weather app that is stock on the phone, i am golden
    09-11-2009 12:05 AM
    MyWeather gets their data from the same NWS weather stations as everyone else.
    You may be correct the data stream is the same, but other weather apps get their forecasting models and forecasting data from other weather services. MyWeather takes the raw data and makes it's own forecasting information.

MyWeather is great and whenever I've had a question, their customer service is awesome.

The forecasting and graphs are amazing, but The radar that comes with MyWeather is soooo worth the price alone. The RADAR is AMAZING!
    09-11-2009 07:42 AM
    I like to use the weather bug app , I like the cameras they use .
    09-11-2009 09:45 AM
    I do like the radar in MyWeather and their customer service emailed me back one time within 20 minutes when I couldn't get something to work. The MyWeather forecasts look the same to me as the others, sometimes their temperature ranges are different.

I'd say go either WeatherBug or MyWeather over The Weather Channel.
    09-11-2009 11:13 AM
    Yes. I vote MyWeather or WeatherBug over TWC.
    09-11-2009 04:13 PM
    Really liking Fizz Weather! Fast startup and you can see current forecast and 5 days on the same screen.
    09-11-2009 04:21 PM
    Fizz Weather is beautiful looking and easy to read. But their radar is horrible. I really like Fizz's layouts and their graphs, but uuuhhhhuuuuhhh brrrr their radar makes me shiver.
    09-11-2009 05:07 PM
    I fully agree with "hotrod"..Because I have been using weather channel application for a long time and it always gave me the right information..And presently the "Weather Channel" has also added various surfaces views and the ability to navigate radar and cloud maps..So I guess it is much efficient than before..
    09-11-2009 06:14 PM
    If the WC app had push alerts for severe weather, it would be a killer app I think.
    09-12-2009 03:52 AM
    Push alerts are on the road map for future upgrades for MyWeather.
    09-12-2009 08:18 AM
    agree with hotrod
    09-18-2009 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD