TomTom's Car Kit Delayed Until October

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So they didn't make their expected release date of "this summer"... Has anyone given up on this accessory yet?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
With the pricing being a bit steep I'll most likely be passing on it after thinking it was a for-sure buy..

I agree that the price of the package is high. The TomTom software has the fewest features and the highest price. The quality of the design and the points of interest does not compensate for the absence of features available in many other products.

However, the price of the car-kit is competitive. It is at the top of the range for car-kits but it is also the best package of features and functions and it both supports and exploits the iPhone design.

Since I already bit the bullet on the software, I will buy the car-kit. (Admittedly, I will pay for it with Apple dollars.) I will report on it here.

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Time to take the AT&T and TomTom execs and teach them the 4 seasons.

They need to be taught more than that but they appear to be resistant to the necessary lessons. AT&T seems to have learned their business practices from Palm. That is, lie early, lie often, lie late, lie when the truth will do.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
That's why the best release date is the classic "When it's done" because honestly it's hard to predict these things.

My mentor, Joe Wimbrow, taught me never to commit to a date until I already had code that worked. Users will accept any schedule except "missed."

He also taught me to slip function before schedule. Apple seems to have learned this lesson well. They make their dates but we do not know what we are going to get on that date.

One cannot help but wonder why AT&T, and other Apple partners, cannot seem to learn from Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2