Yelp as Augmented Reality!

aznmixplate

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Screen_shot_2009-08-27_at_5.23.44_PM.jpg

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I really hope they update this soon and unlock the feature for the older phones, I don't need a compass, I can swipe, I know my directions well (I've got a compass in my head), I'm not buying a new phone just to get this feature. From what people are saying the 3GS compass is way off anyways, give us the feature and let us figure it out ourselves...

Hopefully someone comes out with a fix on Cydia, or a way to do it through SSH.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
From what people are saying the 3GS compass is way off anyways

funny. i haven't noticed my compass being 'way off'. pretty accurate really. and i haven't read much complaining from 'these people' about the compass being an issue.

mainly it depends on your location and if you have GPS reception or are being triangulated by cell towers. here in my 3G area the compass works like a charm. i flippin' love my 3GS. glad i waited and passed on the 3G.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
So, it is my understanding that only the 3GS model will support ANY augmented reality app? Is this correct? Cuz, if it is... looks like I might be out another few hundred bucks as I buy a new 3GS iPhone.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
funny. i haven't noticed my compass being 'way off'. pretty accurate really. and i haven't read much complaining from 'these people' about the compass being an issue.

mainly it depends on your location and if you have GPS reception or are being triangulated by cell towers. here in my 3G area the compass works like a charm. i flippin' love my 3GS. glad i waited and passed on the 3G.

On other forums I see lots of complaining about compass innacuracy, just because yours works fine doesn't mean that's the case for everybody.

Off topic anyway..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative