The only one I have had a problem with dropped signal is iGo.

I wonder what the root cause is?
    08-31-2009 04:18 PM
    Does sygic let you play your ipod music at the same time?
    08-31-2009 09:53 PM
    The only one I have had a problem with dropped signal is iGo.

I wonder what the root cause is?
    At first I thought it was interference from the Kensington Car Charger ( Kensington Car Charger Deluxe for iPhone and iPod - Apple Store (U.S.) ), so I took it out of there, but it still occurred once more outside the charger ( just being held in my hand, around dashboard level ).

I need to play with it more, it could have just been a bad day I suppose. I need to use it a bit more to really get a good feeling on how much the signal will drop when in use, but overall I do like the software and the text to speech and the contacts integration will be a welcome addition with the next version.
    09-01-2009 02:00 PM
    Great review! My suggestion for this app. I think the ability to control music (skip fw/bw, pause, etc..) would be a solid feature to include in the future. I utilize a car docking station that broadcasts through my radio. SInce I use the Ipod for music it would be nice to not have to exit Sygic to control music.

This is a nice-to-have feature and one I beleive iNav MyWay is implementing. I think it should be common feature for all nav apps on iPhone.

It also appears a new update from Sygic is pending App Store approval. The new features include:

▪ text-to-speech - voice guidance announcing the name of the next street or road (specific regions only).
    ▪ Choose addresses straight from iPhone contacts.
    ▪ Music playback fades out smoothly so you can better hear the voice instructions.
    ▪ Improved GPS lock, now faster than ever.
    ▪ Smoother position display as you follow your route.
    ▪ Increased font size of street names and information bars for improved readability.
    ▪ No disclaimer warning message after completion of phone call.
    Last edited by JHETZEL; 09-04-2009 at 06:22 AM.
    09-03-2009 02:06 PM
    nice..works great for me
    09-18-2009 05:56 PM
    Sygic just released an update that includes features like text-to-speech, contact integration, better music playback, better GPS, and smoother display.

I am trying it out, and I like the text-to speech and contact integration. Haven't tried the other things yet.
    09-23-2009 11:08 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD