AT&T Navigator/Telenav Mini-Update: Contacts Integration

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Hey, all,

For anyone who uses the AT&T Navigator by Telenav GPS app.:

Telenav just released their first upgrade for their iphone app a couple of hours ago. One of the most glaring omissions from the app has finally been added: contacts integration (about friggin' time).

A word of warning: I know that after I upgraded the app, it would crash EVERY SINGLE TIME I tried to navigate to an address (this has already been reported to Telenav). I don't know if this happened to everyone who upgraded today, but I do know of at least one other person who had the same experience an hour ago. Obviously, there's some bug in the upgrade process here.

What I found that works: delete the app, then reinstall it. It will then work flawlessly.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I forgot to mention the other upgrades:

-You can adjust voice volume from within the app now.
-You can cancel your subscription from within the app now (you don't have to call or go online anymore).

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Now Supports navigating to contact address, but

This release fixes one of the big deficiencies in this app. Now Supports navigating to contact address. However, when I tred to use this feature it rejected my contact on the basis that it was not in the US.

I deleted the app and re-downloaded as suggested by one person here. No joy. I checked the address to see what country it showed. Showed US. Tried again, again no joy. I reset the country in the contact to US. this time it worked.

Hope that I do not have to reset every contact in order to be able to navigate to it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah, I had the issue of it crashing after the update as well. Seemed to be pretty common. They've fixed most of my major gripes with the app. Works well.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, I had the issue of it crashing after the update as well. Seemed to be pretty common. They've fixed most of my major gripes with the app. Works well.

One of my problems was understanding the prompts. Had to use a BT headset. Even that did not work well, because of the "fade in" on A2DP. Do not have the same problem with TomTom (which does not have T2S.

Can anyone report on whether this release fixes this?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
One of my problems was understanding the prompts. Had to use a BT headset. Even that did not work well, because of the "fade in" on A2DP. Do not have the same problem with TomTom (which does not have T2S.

Can anyone report on whether this release fixes this?

I have a few GPS apps and this one I use the least but as far as I can tell it's the same voice.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
This release fixes one of the big deficiencies in this app. Now Supports navigating to contact address. However, when I tred to use this feature it rejected my contact on the basis that it was not in the US.

I deleted the app and re-downloaded as suggested by one person here. No joy. I checked the address to see what country it showed. Showed US. Tried again, again no joy. I reset the country in the contact to US. this time it worked.

Hope that I do not have to reset every contact in order to be able to navigate to it.

That's strange. I have some contacts that have "United States" at the end, and some don't...but regardless, Telenav is able to navigate to ALL of them. Haven't had any problems on that end.

RE: the Bluetooth headphones - can't help you there, either, since I've never tried them. Like I said before in the past, I play the voice prompts (with music) over the car stereo using an FM transmitter.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
That's strange. I have some contacts that have "United States" at the end, and some don't...but regardless, Telenav is able to navigate to ALL of them. Haven't had any problems on that end.

RE: the Bluetooth headphones - can't help you there, either, since I've never tried them. Like I said before in the past, I play the voice prompts (with music) over the car stereo using an FM transmitter.
I have that solution and expected it to work. However, I have not actually used it, in part because I use the radio to for XM/Sirius.

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I too experienced the crash whenever I tried to start the navigation. But I just deleted and reinstalled, and that seems to have fixed it. But I still cannot navigate to any of my contacts (all in the US, with the country listed as USA). Is there a support contact for this app?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I too experienced the crash whenever I tried to start the navigation. But I just deleted and reinstalled, and that seems to have fixed it. But I still cannot navigate to any of my contacts (all in the US, with the country listed as USA). Is there a support contact for this app?

If you follow Telenav on Twitter, shoot them a message. They are usually pretty good with getting in touch with you.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
@Scott,

As Jeremy said, you can send a tweet to @telenav.

You can also e-mail their main rep Mary Beth Lowell at Marybethl@telenav.com

She's great with tech support issues or any problems Telenav users have -- she'll probably need your cell # as well.

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
@Scott,

As Jeremy said, you can send a tweet to @telenav.

You can also e-mail their main rep Mary Beth Lowell at Marybethl@telenav.com

She's great with tech support issues or any problems Telenav users have -- she'll probably need your cell # as well.

Email sent. Thanks. I only get the "Sorry, this product currently only supports addresses in the USA" message for contacts with more than one address (i.e. home and work).

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I've been toying around with the updated Telenav app and have noticed 2 other possible upgrades:

1) Routing algorithms have apparently been improved...I can think of 2 routes I take daily where the directions have been upgraded/fixed.

2. The "lag" effect (so common in GPS apps that stream live data OTA) seems to have been improved a tiny bit as well. It still needs some work, but the app doesn't appear to lag behind as badly when you start moving again after coming to a complete stop (say at a stop light).

I'm hoping they fix the voice volume/quality and give us landscape mode. Speed warnings would be sweet as well, though no version of Telenav (on any phone) has ever had that, AFAIK. Ad far as getting something like reality-lane assist...meh, it's a nice feature, but not a necessity. I'd rather they spend time on fixing, say, the voice for example.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods