Free App Alert is a website that provides daily updates with a list of 20 or so iPhone applications that were paid apps yesterday but are free today. Its useful to see if any of the apps on your watchlist go on a promotional 'free day' since once you download, all future updates are free

FreeAppAlert - Free iPhone apps that were paid iPhone apps yesterday
    08-18-2009 05:07 PM
    so basically it does what the already created BargainBin app does? and BargainBin is push notification enabled as well. and it's a native app...not a webapp like Free App Alert.
    08-18-2009 05:20 PM
    Yeah its similar to BargainBin but Free App Alert only lists apps with price drops to $0. I prefer webapps while browsing for iphone apps since you see alot more information compared to the iphone screen and also its quick to do a google search on the app. But then again.. thats just my pref. The webapp works on the safari browser on the iphone and hopefully a native app will be making an appearance soon
    08-18-2009 05:41 PM
    Yeah its similar to BargainBin but Free App Alert only lists apps with price drops to $0. I prefer webapps while browsing for iphone apps since you see alot more information compared to the iphone screen and also its quick to do a google search on the app. But then again.. thats just my pref. The webapp works on the safari browser on the iphone and hopefully a native app will be making an appearance soon
    well i'm always happy to mess around with another app search tool. gimmie gimmie. the more apps the merrier! lol XD
    08-18-2009 05:51 PM
    I downloaded BargainBin after reading about it in this post. I do wish there was a way to only get notifications about free apps. I turned the notifications off after an hour as it was too much. Maybe after I tinker with it some more...
    08-27-2009 01:10 PM
    PandoraBox? It works for me, has the free and price dropped apps.
    08-27-2009 03:40 PM
    PandoraBox? It works for me, has the free and price dropped apps.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. I did figure out how to only get notifications about free apps in BargainBin and I like the watch list. Now I've gone from "maybe I have too many apps" to app overload.
    08-28-2009 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD