View Poll Results: What GPS Turn by Turn app do you use?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Navigon Mobile Navigator

6 27.27%
  • AT&T Navigator

0 0%
  • Sygic Mobile Maps

1 4.55%
  • Gmaps

2 9.09%
  • iGo My Way

0 0%
  • TomTom

4 18.18%
  • CoPilot Live

2 9.09%
  • Gokivo

0 0%
  • Built in Google Maps

4 18.18%
  • Other/None

7 31.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I have navigon and the new tomtom, I like tomtom for it preciseness but navigon has an awesome lane guidance system, I have found a way to put custom voices into the tomtom via ssh so for now that's just got the edge
    09-07-2009 03:54 PM
    I've been using Sygic. I don't live in the largest of towns, but the maps have been solid, and even if it didn't have the tiny town I was looking for, if I put in the larger surrounding city it seemed to find the place alright. The only issue I have had with it is it dropping GPS signal a few times during a drive. Hopefully when I really need it, it won't drop signal. I'm not sure if it's b/c of my Incase Slider, or my car, or what, I'll try the next trip sans case at all and see if I have any better luck.
    09-07-2009 04:07 PM
    I am using Navigon and love it. I don't trust a lowend TomTom gps app. I can't really bash Navigon because other then the app I never heard of the company and there quality products.
    09-07-2009 08:08 PM
    You can now vote. If you use more than one on a regular basis (not just for looking stuff up, but for actual GPS directions and such), mark which ever you use. I listed all that I could think of, but I am sure I might have forgotten one or two (thus the "other" option).

Chris
    09-07-2009 10:25 PM
    Google Maps. My car has a built in nav. system, it's an '06 and doesn't give the greatest routes all the time but it works. I was disappointed with the few iPhone GPS apps I tried; sluggish performance and murder the battery. I thought they would be better. Sticking with Google Maps when I ride shotgun and have to navigate for friends and just using the one in my car, it gets me there.
    09-07-2009 10:51 PM
    I'm using Navigon and TomTom, I use more TomTom for the features.
    01-18-2011 01:56 AM
    I don't use any GPS apps, so my vote is Other/None
    01-26-2011 10:23 AM
    Motion x gps drive is pretty good and WAY cheap!!! I have Navigon now, but the motion x was really pretty good and only a couple of bucks. So, if money is a huge issue, that one has voice as well for also pretty inexpensive. It's not the gold standard, but if you need one but are very short on cash then give it a try.
    01-26-2011 11:59 AM
    I see this thread has been around a while - and before Garmin's App hit the appstore - anyone have observations on that? I'm a fan of Garmin's Nuvi line...
    01-26-2011 12:01 PM
    It is an application available in the App Store. G-Maps East and West.
    I tried looking for it but can't find it
    01-29-2011 12:31 PM
    I love Navigon except for the fact it just cant parse civic addresses properly when dealing with apartments or suites. Anyone have a solution either with Navigon or another gps app.

Reentering addresses in outlook (exchange server) is not an ideal way to deal with it as addresses are entered using the recommended Canada post / USPS formatting.

Thanks
    01-29-2011 01:27 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD