I'd like to see my contacts' birthdays in my iPhone's calendar. Can someone please show me how to do this? Thanks much!
    08-16-2009 11:11 PM
    Yeah, its easy but I just figured it out the other day and was amazed.

Ical - Preferances - Show birthdays

(this is on your comp, not phone)

Coupled with Fex (syncs contact info from facebook) its awesome
    08-16-2009 11:30 PM
    The prior response assumes you have a Mac.

What are you sync'ing with? If you sync with Outlook, there is a setting that puts all your contacts birthdays on the calendar.

Bottom line, regarding of Mac or PC, you have to do this through the computer. There is no way on the iPhone to add birthdays to your calendar.
    08-17-2009 12:33 AM
    Thanks for the response. My computer is a PC and I sync my iPhone with the contacts in my Outlook. Can you please show me how to do this or point me to a link that does? Thank you so much!
    08-17-2009 12:55 PM
    It should be as easy as entering the birth dates for all of your contacts. Outlook will automatically create an all-day event in your calendar on the day in question.

To add a birthday, open a contact and click on the Details tab at the top of the screen. You should see a Birthday field.
    08-17-2009 02:32 PM
    The birthdays have already been added to my Outlook contacts. And when I synced my iTunes with my Outlook, the birthdays appear in my iPhone's contact. However, they are not showing up in my iPhone's calendar. Is there another step that I missed?
    08-17-2009 06:14 PM
    The birthdays have already been added to my Outlook contacts. And when I synced my iTunes with my Outlook, the birthdays appear in my iPhone's contact. However, they are not showing up in my iPhone's calendar. Is there another step that I missed?
    Did you enter the birthdays in Outlook, or did you enter them on your iPhone?

If you enter the birthday in Outlook, it should add the birthday to your calendar automatically.

I have noticed that if you enter the birthday on your iPhone and then sync with Outlook, it does not always automatically add the birthday to the calendar.

Try this: go into Outlook and pick a contact. Open the contact, click on the birthday field as if you were going to change it, close out, and see if it added the birthday to the calendar. If that works, you may have to go through all your contact manually like that.

Otherwise, if that doesn't work, I'm not really sure what else to suggest. I originally thought there was a setting in Outlook for this, but there is not. It's supposed to happen automatically.
    08-17-2009 06:33 PM
    The birthdays were entered in my Outlook.

I'll do what you suggested. Thanks!
    08-17-2009 06:37 PM
    Show birthdays in Calendar-img_0234.pngRather than start a new thread, I am going to revive this one since my situation is similar. I also sync my contacts with Outlook to my iPhone 5C, with IOS 7 of course.
    From what I have read, Outlook does not have a birthday calendar. You have to add them manually from the calendar within your PC and I assume your MAC, most of my contacts already have their birthdays added to them.
    In the Outlook help section, it also states that, if you have a birthday added to your contacts.
    It automatically adds the birthday to the calendar, that is a completely false statement.They are not showing in the Outlook calendar, if I go into my PC or even my phone and add them manually. It makes a mess of my contacts, it duplicates the contact with the birthday, and good luck trying to delete the birthday.
    I had to add it to my default calendar another way to remove the birthday. So back to square one, IOS has a stock calendar that adds your birthday with a gift next to the name if you have other birthdays enabled on the app on your phone.
    I asked my friend about this, and that added a new twist to this She has her contacts birthdays added to her Outlook calendar, and they show up fine on her calendar on all her devices. .If she enables other birthdays on the calendar app, she claims she does not see the birthdays in there twice. Twice if you have them in Outlook or Gmail calendar.
    That's where I am puzzled since again, that is embedded in the stock IOS calendar app. If you have a birthday added to a contact, it will show in the calendar on your device if you have it enabled.
    I gave up with this, and thought I would post here with your thoughts. I came up with some options. Either leave other birthdays enabled so it shows on your calendar, or use Gmail birthday calendar, or both if you don't mind seeing them twice.
    Attached Thumbnails Show birthdays in Calendar-img_0235.png  
    11-02-2013 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD