Spell Number - FREE EMOJI

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
The moderator Jamesus mentioned this in February but I thought I'd post a reminder for those who haven't seen it....

Emoji.jpg

There are many apps in the App Store that you have to pay for that allow you to have Emoji - those cute little graphical characters that are reminiscent of emoticons. Mainly used in Japan, Apple has pretty much restricted their usage only to the red country, forbidding it's implementation from developers in their apps outside of Japan. However, there are still a few apps that have them available. Spell Number is the only app, to my knowledge, that offers them for FREE!

Here's how to enable it once you've downloaded Spell Number:

1. Open the application

2. Type in 91929394.59 and press ENTER

3. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards > Japanese > Emoji ON

4. Go into any application that allows typing and press the key to the left of the spacebar with the globe icon. This globe icon gives you access to all the free Emoji you want! :D

Once you've enabled Emoji on your iPhone you can delete the app Spell Number from your iPhone. It will stay there even if you restore as a new phone, from backup or just update it.

One cavet is the Emoji will only appear on iPhones, so you must make sure that whoever you're sending it to has an iPhone. On other cellphones, there will be a little character that looks like gibberish or nothing at all.

Last edited:

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
What's cool is once this is on your phone and "ON", you can delete the app later and still have all the Emoji's in your keyboard.

Bugbabe

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Am I looking at the right app?

Spelling out numerals?

Would love the emoticons but think Im barking up the wrong tree lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member