IGO My Way GPS for North America, Europe, and Western Europe released today!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
North America: iTunes Store

Western Europe: iTunes Store

Europe: iTunes Store
$80 is a little steep for an app that you cannot try, may not like, and has not even been reviewed.

[I am waiting for TomTom because I know it and because it comes with BThardware. I am trying AT&T Navigator because it is available and cheap to try. One thing that I have learned is that one must have a BT to understand what is being said.]

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
$80 is a little steep for an app that you cannot try, may not like, and has not even been reviewed.

[I am waiting for TomTom because I know it and because it comes with BThardware. I am trying AT&T Navigator because it is available and cheap to try. One thing that I have learned is that one must have a BT to understand what is being said.]

Or you could just hook it up to a regular FM transmitter (ie: Griffin iTunes Auto) - works fine for me.

RE: IGO - I haven't pulled the trigger yet either...was hoping someone else would and then post a good review! :D

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Or you could just hook it up to a regular FM transmitter (ie: Griffin iTunes Auto) - works fine for me.

RE: IGO - I haven't pulled the trigger yet either...was hoping someone else would and then post a good review! :D
Good suggestion. However, in the saturated FM space in the NE, it is hard to make that solution work. I will take my transponder with me to New Orleans where I think that it is more practical.

NNGglobal

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I see you've already heard the great news - iGO My way 2009 for iPhone is now available in App Store! more info at igomyway.com

Just wanted to inform you all that we're here if you have any questions.

Please also follow us on twitter.com/nngglobal

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
How often will you update the maps?
Are POI part of the map dataset or will they updated more often?
Does it include traffic and routing around traffic? If so, who is the traffic data provider?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Good suggestion. However, in the saturated FM space in the NE, it is hard to make that solution work. I will take my transponder with me to New Orleans where I think that it is more practical.
Well, I forgot to take my transponder to New Orleans. Used Bluetooth instead. Good thing. Something was stepping all over the low FM band. The rental car came with Sirius but it was so noisy as to be useless.

NNGglobal

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
How often will you update the maps?
Are POI part of the map dataset or will they updated more often?
Does it include traffic and routing around traffic? If so, who is the traffic data provider?

Map updates quarterly.
POI updates are coming with the map updates every 3 months.
TMC is coming in one of our updates soon! Data provider will be announced at the time, depending on country.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Will it run in foreground with music playing in the background? Will it overlay voice instructions during music playback?

What happens when a call comes in? Will it

a. pause music
b. allow phone conversation
c. resume music when call ends
d. resume navigation when call ends

What is on the screen during the call? Will it overlay voice instructions during calls?

Will it speak the street names?

Does it do custom routes? How about custom routes with multiple destinations?

Thanks.
Aloke

NNGglobal

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Will it run in foreground with music playing in the background? Will it overlay voice instructions during music playback?

What happens when a call comes in? Will it

a. pause music
b. allow phone conversation
c. resume music when call ends
d. resume navigation when call ends

What is on the screen during the call? Will it overlay voice instructions during calls?

Will it speak the street names?

Does it do custom routes? How about custom routes with multiple destinations?

Thanks.
Aloke

Here are the first screenshots of the updated iGO My way. We hope this answers your questions.

flickr.com/photos/nngglobal/3878419038/

... Music playback controls are available in Quick menu

flickr.com/photos/nngglobal/3877624459/

... on-the-go playlist creation

flickr.com/photos/nngglobal/3903156765/

... main music control

Be sure to hear from us soon ? first update coming shortly!
And remember the free quarterly map updates that we promised! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2