BeeJive or IM+PUSH - BlackBerry Messenger user...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm curious, I'm a BlackBerry user (I have a BOLD), and since Messenger is NOT on the iPhone what do you use for quick instant communication?

I've bought, and used both BeeJive & IM+PUSH. But, to me, and this is just me, they BOTH have issues. They just don't seem as reliable as BlackBerry Messenger...

What say you?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
They may not be as reliable, but they are far more versatile. With BeeJive or IM+ I can talk to friends on Macs, pc's, iPhones, Palms, and even some feature phones. With BBM you can only talk to people who also have Blackberries.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
What problems did you have with Beejive? I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I'm quite pleased with it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Beejive hangs for me pretty often when I first boot it up. The dev. says it's loading buddy icons. That's the only problem I've had, after it going hay-wire one time and I reinstalled it.

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Seems to be when adding people to GoogleTalk, they never seem to get the request. But, if they add me from a pc or BlackBerry it works first time...

As for both apps, I can't stand the 10-20 second delay when connecting, i.e. opening the application. I've spoken with Support, and that's just how it is. I will try turning off the avatars/buddy icons, and see if it's any better/quicker...

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
When I added you, or the other way around, the request was sent out. I am using IM+ right now and I like it better. I find it easier to use, and also when I have two chats going at the same time I can swipe to either side and go into each chat. Really convenient.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
For alternatives to BB Messenger have a look at my thread here
Basically boils down to iPush*t for true iPhone to iPhone communication and Yahoo Messenger (keeps you logged in the longest out of all the IM clients) :D

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm curious, I'm a BlackBerry user (I have a BOLD), and since Messenger is NOT on the iPhone what do you use for quick instant communication?

I've bought, and used both BeeJive & IM+PUSH. But, to me, and this is just me, they BOTH have issues. They just don't seem as reliable as BlackBerry Messenger...

What say you?

Nothing will be as reliable as BBM but these IM products are about as good as it gets. Just have to live with them until they can make a better product or somebody else comes along better. I too dont like they hanging you get when you open them.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm messing with IM+ now (bought it a while back), but, can't seem to send images. I go to the chat window, select said image, and it just sits there, saying 'sending'...

But, in Beejive, it sends within 30-40 seconds...

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Yes, made the switch Ivan!

Sorry I didn't respond, but I'm actually switching to IM+.

A few reasons...

• It's $5
  • Push Twitter (as well as being able to post to Twitter)
  • I like the UI better (this is very subjective and can be different for you)
  • Reliable. Never thought I'd say this, but BeeJive's push has been flaky. Sometimes I wouldn't receive them and I'd have messages waiting when I loaded it.
  • The Push Notifications are on the money. Had both running and received IM+ first, every time.

I had chosen BeeJive before going off of the BlackBerry versions. I took a dive and bought IM+ and couldn't be happier. I never thought the day would come when I thought IM+ was better.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I used to have problems with BeeJive but since 3.0 it has been pretty smooth.

Knowing how much I paid for BeeJive I think I can be happy with it and avoid paying the $5 for IM+. Keyword being think.

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Not to jump off topic but is it sad that Navi, Garz, Duvi and I are all CrackBerry mods and we have iPhones?! lol I run with IM+

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Not to jump off topic but is it sad that Navi, Garz, Duvi and I are all CrackBerry mods and we have iPhones?! lol I run with IM+

Ha ha - nice! I tend to keep to my iPhone as well - do use my BB every now and then though (mainly for BB Messenger). Welcome to TiPb :D:D:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods