Does anybody know of an app, jailbreak or in the App store that automatically downloads message attachments.

I can understand why Att might like not having this feature but they could have capped it at 1 meg or something. Right now it is a pain to always have to download attachments manually. And if you are out of a 3g area it can take a while.

Tx.

Rob
    07-28-2009 01:17 PM
    this would require a third party email client, of which i believe there is none
    07-28-2009 05:06 PM
    I do not know of an App that will "automatically" download the attachment but I know that QuickOffice will download any attachment and allow you to save it to your iPhone.

It seems like there is another App that will do this but I can not remember what it is now. I will have to look around to find it.
    07-28-2009 06:47 PM
    I would think this would drastically slow down the amount of time in which you got your email. Especially if it was backlogged in downloading attachments.
    07-28-2009 07:48 PM
    I would think this would drastically slow down the amount of time in which you got your email. Especially if it was backlogged in downloading attachments.
    No not really. What happens is the emails come in via push and just sit there. When I feel like it I look at them. If there is an attachment I then have to wait while it is downloaded instead of it getting pushed to the device like the body of the email. The real issue is if you are on a plane or some other out of network place. Then there is no way to tet the attachment.

WM has a setting that allows you to set the option to automatically download attachments and to also specify a size limit. The iphone is so much better then WM but WM does allow a little more flexiblity.
    07-29-2009 09:25 AM
    this would require a third party email client, of which i believe there is none

I guess I was looking for some sort of utility that would tweak the regular mail program, go thorugh it and if there was an attachment fake the program into downloading it.
    07-29-2009 09:26 AM
    actually,i don't know one,i think maybe the 3 party software may do that.
    07-29-2009 10:08 PM
    Bump. Anything new out there that could make the ios always download attachments.
    09-23-2011 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD