Will the NFL come out with an app?

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I know NFL has some sort of deal with Sprint and that NFL mobile products are only available with that network but does anyone know if the NFL or NFL.com is coming out with an app for football season?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
haven't heard anything about this happening for iPhone and AT&T. and like you said, the NFL has an official deal with Sprint, soooo???

i had the Sprint NFL app on my BB Curve for a month or 2. Sprint released it for any carrier to try. then the revoked the use after a certain period. i suppose it was to entice you enough to move to Sprint. although the app was kick ass (real-time scoring/plays, both home/visiting team broadcasts, live stats), it wasn't enough to get me to switch back to Sprint. been there, done that. and no thanks.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
It's definitely not enough for me to go to Sprint. The network is worse then at&t, which is what I have now. I live in NE PA and Sprint is actually taking towers down up this way and not putting them up so thanks but no thanks lol.

You would think the NFL would LOVE to tap all the income potential from developing an app for the one of the world's most popular devices.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
the Spring NFL app is much more than a simple score tracker. perhaps you didn't read the rest of what i said earlier (real-time scoring/plays, both home/visiting team broadcasts, live stats). more than just a sports ticker.

I have plenty of score tickers.. I want more then that. The NFL on Sprint does a lot of really cool stuff especially if you're a big football fan like myself. Wish the NFL would design an app for the iPhone..

kbcherry

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Sunday Ticket

I also had the Spring App on my ATT Fuze before moving to the iPhone and it did provide some value. My guess is you won't see anything official until that agreement ends.

On another similar note, I am a DTV Sunday Ticket subscriber and I did recently get a mailer stating that there would be an iPhone Gamecast App (their service that lets you watch all their special features over your home computer). It stated that you would be able to watch all the NFL games on the iPhone, as well as the game remixes and red zone channels and what not. It does not specify whether the connection would be allowed over 3g but my guess is that it will be wi-fi only. Still pretty cool. Although I think a lot of hardcore fans are like myself and I plan my Sunday schedule around when the Steelers play football so there isn't much of a chance I will really need it. Still pretty cool though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro