iPhone to iPhone messages with push?

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, and it's worked for me. I've never been logged off unless I intentionally do something to log myself off.

Keep in mind that if you reset your iPhone or power off your iPhone, you will be disconnected.

Ok, was testing on 2 different iPhones and both were disconnected this morning for some or other reason - assuming Yahoo flushes or resets their server every few days?

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Ok, was testing on 2 different iPhones and both were disconnected this morning for some or other reason - assuming Yahoo flushes or resets their server every few days?

I really don't know what to tell you at this point. I have never once been kicked off Yahoo Messenger on the iPhone without intentionally signing off or logging on to another device. I have no way to speculate as to why you're having problems.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
I really don't know what to tell you at this point. I have never once been kicked off Yahoo Messenger on the iPhone without intentionally signing off or logging on to another device. I have no way to speculate as to why you're having problems.

Thanx man. Will try again and see if they kick me off. I do love the app though :D

btown11

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
i don't know if its any consolation, but beejive tells you when you've been signed out.. so at least he'd be notified?

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
i don't know if its any consolation, but beejive tells you when you've been signed out.. so at least he'd be notified?
True that, but with BeeJive you have to log in at least once a day (only keeps you online for 24hrs). Need something that keeps you logged in longer (like Yahoo) or indefinitely...

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

Same here, and it sends you a message when you've been logged out too.

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm... weird, you get a msg when it logs you out? I didn't get one - maybe Yahoo just hasn't like me much this past week?

Yeah, same here. When I sign in to Yahoo on my computer, I get a push notification on my iPhone telling me that I've been signed out because I logged onto my computer.

Maybe you've just got bad karma because you've spent the last 5 pages of this thread trying to find a replacement for Yahoo IM. ;)

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, same here. When I sign in to Yahoo on my computer, I get a push notification on my iPhone telling me that I've been signed out because I logged onto my computer.

Maybe you've just got bad karma because you've spent the last 5 pages of this thread trying to find a replacement for Yahoo IM. ;)

Ha ha - think you just hit the nail on the head - bad karma - he he :D:D:D

Anyways, I found another app that could replace all my iPhone to iPhone messaging attempts - it's called MoyoTalk. They are busy working on their new release which will have push and they are hopefully releasing a BB version soon too. Will then have free iPhone to iPhone (and iPhone to BB) messaging with now "sign out" worries - can't wait!!!!! :D:D:D

whatsapp#IM

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Thought of that but AIM only keeps you online for 24hrs. Would also like to send my dad messages this way but he won't remember to log in once a day to stay online :(

Thanx though. Any other thoughts?

hey there.. if you are still looking for an iPhone-2-iPhone chat with push which works worldwide, check out WhatsApp (disclaimer: it is my BBM-like chat app which we launched just two days ago)

it is free. enjoy:)

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
True that, but with BeeJive you have to log in at least once a day (only keeps you online for 24hrs). Need something that keeps you logged in longer (like Yahoo) or indefinitely...

No, BeeJive can keep you logged in for up to 7 days. Settings-BeeJive- go down to where is says "Network and Push" and and change the session timeout to 7 days. If you are going to be using this app frequently or at least once a day, you will always be logged in anyways.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
hey there.. if you are still looking for an iPhone-2-iPhone chat with push which works worldwide, check out WhatsApp (disclaimer: it is my BBM-like chat app which we launched just two days ago)

Thanx @whatsapp - just downloaded it. Now just have to get it onto my friends iPhones to test. Looks real promising though :D:D
Any ideas when you guys will be launching the chat version for the BB?

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
No, BeeJive can keep you logged in for up to 7 days. Settings-BeeJive- go down to where is says "Network and Push" and and change the session timeout to 7 days. If you are going to be using this app frequently or at least once a day, you will always be logged in anyways.

Beejive just recently extended their timeout to 7 days - when I posted that previous message it was still at 24hrs.
I prefer apps like WhatsApp - they NEVER log you out (there basically is no login/logout procedure - much like a SMS) :D:D

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site

yes, this is a GREAT app! I highly recommend this!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Oh, if anyone wants to try this out with me, Wayne at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Not keeping this number up for long, I don't want those hot movie stars calling me again. I had to get a restraining order against Catherine Bell from JAG. The heavy breathing was getting quite addicting! :D

Okay, I got a test with someone in. Catherine Bell will just have to wait. :)

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Beejive just recently extended their timeout to 7 days - when I posted that previous message it was still at 24hrs.
I prefer apps like WhatsApp - they NEVER log you out (there basically is no login/logout procedure - much like a SMS) :D:D

It works very well, doesn't it?:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73