iPhone to iPhone messages with push?

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Nothing beats Yahoo messenger with push. Nothing

I must admit - been using iPush*t for a day or 2 now - not bad, needs a few enhancements though. Had a look at tetfree - not bad but seems bit "slow" in loading and displaying speech bubbles (just doesn't feel right).
Yahoo seems to be the best option still. Come to think of it, I can chat with friends on BBs too that way - so it's free messaging between iPhones and BBs :D
@Behshad, have you had any random disconnects from Yahoo or does it seem stable?

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Very stable indeed.
I like the fact that my buddies in Sweden can send me a msg using yahoo on their iPhone or even pc.
I know that it may go into idle mode as my status. But they know their messages pops up like a text message on my screen even when in sleep mode.
This helps also when we want to skype eachother since skype doesn't have push.
Now if the could add voice&video chat to yahoo messenger for the next iPhone:)

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Yea, Yahoo Messenger is awesome, mine has been staying connected until I sign onto YM on my pc, and it's very very stable, never had one problem, and you can send pics too!

In fact, every Yahoo app is top notch, the Yahoo Music app is the most stable and highest quality music player I've tried out of many.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Did a bit of a search but can't seem to find anything...

I'm looking for an app that allows free communication (text) between iPhones. Obviously want the app to have push as well so as to notify the other user that they have a message.

I found Telegram by Polar Bear Farm here which looks really really awesome but I'd like something that does text instead.

Any ideas?

Thanx guys :D
Um...since your looking at apps that use internet...why not use email? Push or fetch, you will get notified of a new email.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Thanx for the info guys - you guys been awesome!!! Yahoo it is :D
@shutter - trying to stay away from e-mail - don't want to receive message, delete it, send message, delete it etc etc.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
iPhone needs its own version on PIN messaging that the Bberry has.:D

Type of app I was looking for - like BB Messenger.
Seems that Yahoo Messenger is the best bet, iPush*t as a close second.

Hopefully one day Apple will bring out there own official version ;)

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Just got disconnected from Yahoo :(
Been testing it the last few days - Logged in with account A, exited the app on the iPhone (was logged in as idle). Check 2 days later by logging in from account B on my computer and shows account A offline - didn't keep me logged in for 2 weeks, only about 2 days - not as stable as suspected :(
Gonna test again though and see...

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Just got disconnected from Yahoo :(
Been testing it the last few days - Logged in with account A, exited the app on the iPhone (was logged in as idle). Check 2 days later by logging in from account B on my computer and shows account A offline - didn't keep me logged in for 2 weeks, only about 2 days - not as stable as suspected :(
Gonna test again though and see...

I don't think it always is able to keep you logged in for that long, 2 days is a long time anyway, I open mine up everyday so I'm always logged in.

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
The description on the App Store said it could keep you logged in for up to 2 weeks though :confused:

Yeah, and it's worked for me. I've never been logged off unless I intentionally do something to log myself off.

Keep in mind that if you reset your iPhone or power off your iPhone, you will be disconnected.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, and it's worked for me. I've never been logged off unless I intentionally do something to log myself off.

Keep in mind that if you reset your iPhone or power off your iPhone, you will be disconnected.

Could you really get disconnected if you turn your phone off? I do that like once every 2 or 3 days. Will have to test that...

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I really liked BBM when i had a blackberry. I thought it was a good idea. It would be pretty neat for iPhone to do that but i dont think AT&T would ever approve of that.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
bb work on att, so they have bbm, so why couldnt iphones too? its not like att blocked bbm on bb

I agree - BB Messenger is allowed on ATT so an Apple version for the iPhone should be too - doubt ATT would block it if Apple ever made their own version...

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Ok. found another app - it's actually brand new on the App Store. It's called Messi.im - [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=323660462&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]iTunes link[/URL]
They say it's free for the first two weeks so grab it whilst you can!
Also a free messaging app between iPhones with no "keep me logged in" time...
I haven't tried it yet but if anyone has can you please let us know what you think of it?
Thanx :D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox