Beejive almost unusable

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So last week I broke down and spent the $10 on Beejive. Combining the few messengers I use and being able to send texts for free all in one app was sweet.

Now not so much, I check my phone and there is a badge on the icon saying I have any random number of messages, yet there was no notification other than the badge on the icon. When I open it there aren't actually any messages. It also seems to get buggier every day. Selecting a chat that is on going also doesn't run smoothly at all. Sometimes it freezes while scrolling through buddy lists.

I don't see how I can even use it if I am getting false notification badges and it just doesn't perform well. I liked it for the first few days.

Also, on another messaging program. The default messaging app. Sometimes right after I send a text an alert slides over from the side of the screen saying "Nothing to Undo". Anyone else have this?

Donk

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hmm odd. I bought the app a few days ago and I have to say so far touch wood, it has worked perfectly. I've been rather impressed by it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hmm odd. I bought the app a few days ago and I have to say so far touch wood, it has worked perfectly. I've been rather impressed by it.

Mine was like that for the first week I had it, I really was impressed as well with how fast the PNS was getting texts. But now it's just being lame. I'll reinstall it later tonight after work, as resetting my iPhone seems to not help. It also seems I'm not alone in having problems looking at the reviews in the App Store.

Yahoo messenger got updated last night and now has PNS support and texting. Used it a little today, but I'd rather use Beejive if I can.

Anyone else have Beejive issues?

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Beejive works great for me too. Must be your phone settings. Sometimes having wifi on and connected will prevent notifications. It just depends on the router settings.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I deleted and reinstalled it. Works again, but sometimes freezes a little when viewing buddy lists. Still think it could use some bug fixing.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I actually sent support an email about this, they replied "Its possible that when you started the app up, the icons are being downloaded and it became unresponsive. But you should not see the issue too often."

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
My problem with Beejive is that I occassionally get logged of randomly. I have it set to 24hrs but Beejive doesn't always follow that.

Regarding the Nothing to undue thing... I get that all the time. I never connected that it could be related to Beejive. I'll delete Beejive and see if it happens still.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My problem with Beejive is that I occassionally get logged of randomly. I have it set to 24hrs but Beejive doesn't always follow that.

Regarding the Nothing to undue thing... I get that all the time. I never connected that it could be related to Beejive. I'll delete Beejive and see if it happens still.

The "Nothing to Undo" message happens in the stock Messages app (Apple made). It started happening soon after the 3.0 OS release. I don't think it's related to Beejive at all. It comes up totally randomly after I send a text. It doesn't just pop up either, it slides over from the side of the screen. Anyone else get this?

Beejive has been working fine since I reinstalled it. One question, I hear the sound when I get a notification. Then when I open the app it makes the sound(s) again depending on how many new messages I have. Is this normal?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The undo thing is because you can now "shake to undo." It goes with the copy/paste feature. You probably aren't noticing that you're shaking.

Unfortunately, it is normal for Beejive to play the notification again once you enter the app (ugh!).

Delete a conversation - just go to the page where your conversations are listed, hit the edit button and delete from the list.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Ahhhh, thanks Alli. Now I see the pattern.

1. Write msg.
2. Send msg.
3. Gently toss phone onto bed next to my desk.

Guess that causes the shake and the undo message to come up. I guessing there is no way to disable this "feature" then.

Maybe Beejive will update so it doesn't play the msg sounds again when you open it up or add a toggle.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox