Pocket Informatn

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Is this app worth the 13 whole dollars? What does it give you apart from the calendar app if I'm syncing with Google Calendar? I use Google Calendar and Toodledo for my stuff right now. Any advantages to this?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I sync with Google (hate Toodledo) and use Pocket Informant. (At least until Agendus adds in calendar support.)

PI gives you a much better UI, different views, and some flexibility you don't get with the native calendar on the iPhone. Make sure you take a look at the screenshots on WebIS' website.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Is this app worth the 13 whole dollars? What does it give you apart from the calendar app if I'm syncing with Google Calendar? I use Google Calendar and Toodledo for my stuff right now. Any advantages to this?

I had PI on my windows mobile phone. IT was very useful there because WM allowed the app to use the device's resident calendar app data.

Since Apple will not allow 3rd party apps to use your resident iphone calendar data or even to point your exchange to it makes the app a waste of time and money.

Now if you were going to use the app by itself because you don't have exchange or if you have a single google calendar then I'd say go for it.

But honestly I can't see why anyone would purchase the app. And yes, I did purchase the app but I didn't discover this bit of wisdom until after I bought it.

yildi

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Well, integration of the calender with Todos is very nice for me. I manage all of them from the same place and can take them into account for time management. I have just put aside the internal calender and sychronize with GCal and TodoodleDo from PI. No regret from my adoption of this nice soft that will surely get even more useful in time, given what I have observed for the WM version.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, integration of the calender with Todos is very nice for me. I manage all of them from the same place and can take them into account for time management. I have just put aside the internal calender and sychronize with GCal and TodoodleDo from PI. No regret from my adoption of this nice soft that will surely get even more useful in time, given what I have observed for the WM version.

See if I weren't on an exchange I'd agree with you. I could just put aside the delivered calendar.

I prolly neglected to mention that I was on an exchange in my earlier post.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Google is an Exchange server. So you get the best of all possible worlds, plus the enhanced UI experience of using something like PI on your iPhone. Don't forget Google allows you to use multiple calendars.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Google is an Exchange server. So you get the best of all possible worlds, plus the enhanced UI experience of using something like PI on your iPhone. Don't forget Google allows you to use multiple calendars.

I don't use the Google calendar is basically what I'm saying. I need an app that can work with my already established MS Exchange account where I have my 8 years of contacts and my email already set up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox