Official Nike+ Discussion Thread

ultramansfo

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Message for Jamesus the Moderator re Nike

You recently posted about favorite apps and I had a question for you about Nike+. When using an iPhone 3GS, do you know if you can use Nike+ while watching videos, playing games or browsing the web? I can't get a good answer from Apple, and I work out in the gym on the treadmill but play Star Defense, browse web or watch videos and I was hoping someone who has the setup I have can tell me if this is possible? Or do you have to have your iPod app running for Nike+ to work. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ultramansfo

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I was told by Rene this was the best way to reach him:

'Jamesus is one of our forum mods, so just head on over to [forums] and give him a shout'

If someone could PM him with a reference to this post I'd be much obliged!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i'd guess that since the iPhone doesn't allow back-ground/multi processes to run simultaneously, the answer would be no. you'd have to have Nike+ running by itself. but then again, i'm purely speculating. hopefully you all will prove me wrong.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
i'd guess that since the iPhone doesn't allow back-ground/multi processes to run simultaneously, the answer would be no. you'd have to have Nike+ running by itself. but then again, i'm purely speculating. hopefully you all will prove me wrong.

I tried this yesterday and it actually does run in background the same way a phone call runs in the background when you press the home button...you have a little red bar at the top that says return to nike+.

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried this yesterday and it runs in actually does run in background the same way a phone call runs in the background when you press the home button...you have a little red bar at the top that says return to nike+.

Thanks for clearing this up for everyone.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Some people talk on the phone while they are running. IMHO, if you can talk/browse whilst running, then maybe you aren't pushing yourself enough...

It is nice to know that if you need to stop and do something, your progress isn't going to be erased...

HabsFan

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Question for those who have the Nike +. Do I only need the $19 Nike + iPod sensor for it to link with the iPhone to track speed and distance?

I like that it can run in the background because I always play songs from the iPod and have a c25kapp running which has to stay active so if the iPod and Nike + can run in the background that would be perfect.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Question for those who have the Nike +. Do I only need the $19 Nike + iPod sensor for it to link with the iPhone to track speed and distance?

i believe this is correct. you only need the sensor. and now you don't even need Nike+ shoes to use the sensor. they have clips that attach the sensor to your shoelaces. been hearing that this method isn't as accurate with distance/calorie calculations though. can't wait to try it out though!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
You do, as the sensor needs to be attached to your shoe. If you have Nike+ shoes, then there is a slot in the shoe for the sensor to go. Otherwise you'll need a velco pouch like the one I had from Marware.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234