Official Nike+ Discussion Thread

HabsFan

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info.

Amazon actually has just the round piece for $19. For $19 I'll give it a shot. I'll also order the Marware pouch. It seems like it is one of the better pouches.

rkbrown81

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info.

Amazon actually has just the round piece for $19. For $19 I'll give it a shot. I'll also order the Marware pouch. It seems like it is one of the better pouches.

I would agree with you on the Marware pouch. I bought one for my wife a little while ago. Then when I got my 3GS, I bought me a Nike+ Sensor and a Tune Belt shoe pouch for the Nike+ Sensor. It was about $5 cheaper (including shipping). Unfortunately, it feels a lot cheaper too. I've only used it a couple times, but I wish I had paid the extra money for the Marware. There's nothing wrong with the Tune Belt pouch...it works exactly the same way as the Marware. The Mareware pouch is a little smaller/compact and certainly feels better built. But if functionality is all you're looking for, the Tune Belt is just fine. (I also like the look of the Marware better too, not that it matters when it's on my shoe and I'm running though :))

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I just got a pair of Nike+ and thought all along that the sensor was already in the shoe..

So I'm confused.. I have to go buy the sensor even though I just paid $100 for the shoes because its not already included in the shoes?!

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I just got a pair of Nike+ and thought all along that the sensor was already in the shoe..

So I'm confused.. I have to go buy the sensor even though I just paid $100 for the shoes because its not already included in the shoes?!

You would think it would be included.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site

That is correct I believe the sensor is another $35 on top of the shoe purchase. This is what I found out a couple of weeks ago.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
The transmitter (oval thing) that goes into your Nike+ compatible shoe is about $17-19. It's available at most large sporting goods store. I saw a bunch at Sports authority today. You only need the $29.99 kit if you do not have an iPod touch 2nd gen or an iPhone 3GS. If you have neither of these then the $29.99 kit provides both a transmitter and a white receiver. The receiver only works with iPod nanos (all generations)

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Why won't the 3G support the Nike+ over the 3GS?

not quite sure what you mean. 3GS has the Nike+ app built in that acts as the transmitter, 3G doesn't. so if you have 3G you'd need to purchase the transmitter and sensor kit for your 3G to work with Nike+.

and i'm honestly not 100% sure Nike+ kit even works with iPhone 3G. so research that before you buy it based on my opinion. i used it with my 4th Gen Nano and it worked well.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com

You can also get it direct from the Apple store for $19. I was going to get it online until I realized it was the same price at the Apple store 2 mins from my house.

Why won't the 3G support the Nike+ over the 3GS?

I wondered that too, but for some reason Nike+ doesn't use bluetooth. It uses it's own custom transmitter thing. Also, I have a feeling that the $30 kit with the receiver doesn't work on the 3G, but don't know for sure...so like jglowe74 said research that first.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
You can also get it direct from the Apple store for $19. I was going to get it online until I realized it was the same price at the Apple store 2 mins from my house.

Lucky all the (4) apple stores are 30-60 minutes away from me.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
not quite sure what you mean. 3GS has the Nike+ app built in that acts as the transmitter, 3G doesn't. so if you have 3G you'd need to purchase the transmitter and sensor kit for your 3G to work with Nike+.

and i'm honestly not 100% sure Nike+ kit even works with iPhone 3G. so research that before you buy it based on my opinion. i used it with my 4th Gen Nano and it worked well.

The Nike+ Sports Kit will not work with an iPhone 3G. In their infinite wisdom, Nike and Apple designed it to only work with iPod Nanos. That's why I have a Nano in addition to my iPhone 3G - just for running.

Now some folks have managed to extract the Nike+.app from the iPod Touch and gotten it run on their iPhone 3G. (You'll need to jailbreak and either SFTP it in or use iPhoneBrowser). However the .app assumes its running on a device with a built in receiver hence it will not work with the plug in white receiver. Without the original Objective-C source its going to be nigh impossible to hack that in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73