Twitbit: Full Twitter Client with built-in Push

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yes, been waiting for this since 3.0 dropped... Few little things such as retweets missing but I know that will be fixed in the next update...

Other than that, it's sweet!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I bought it last night. Works very well, although it's not exactly pleasing to look at. It doesn't load many tweets initially and I wish I could customize it, or make the fonts bigger, or wishing it had themes or something.

For these reasons, I love Twitterific Premium. But Twitbit is okay, they should have promoted it cheaper or even for free like iTwitter did. 5 bucks is steep for a new Twitter app.

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I agree: for $5 you should get more bang for your buck. Good start, but for now Tweetie + Boxcar is much better IMHO.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I just bought it, and thus far it's ok. But, yes, I know $5 isn't much, but still. I think they could have started at $2.99 or something, or even a trial period.

I just bought Boxcar yesterday! Now, where's my refund :)

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I just noticed, with the notifications, it doesn't give you the message, it just tells you that you have a 'mention'. Hmm, I prefer Boxcar for this.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Oh, well then that's cool too. I didn't notice that. Of course, little ol'me doesn't get that many replies and DMs. I'm not that cool like others! :p:D

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I give this developer all of the credit in the world. They've beat all others with push notifications built into a twitter app... So until Tweetie and Twitterfon get off their butts and get an update out... this is my new Twitter app.

I don't want some other app to work with another just for push... that's crazy. So you pay for tweetie and then pay for boxcar... no thanks.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hilarious I called Apple to refund me Boxcar, and they won't. At least it wasn't that much...

I was about to try Boxcar two days ago and then it hit me, with my luck something will get updated or a new Twitter app with push will come out... I was right. :p

(By the way, I love seeing all these ex-crackberry people making the switch)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I give this developer all of the credit in the world. They've beat all others with push notifications built into a twitter app... So until Tweetie and Twitterfon get off their butts and get an update out... this is my new Twitter app.

I don't want some other app to work with another just for push... that's crazy. So you pay for tweetie and then pay for boxcar... no thanks.

I know what you mean. I was trying out Boxcar and was slightly impressed, but I wanted something more like iTwitter, but worked for all Twitter clients.

So far, so good. I just wish Twitterific would do the same thing in the next update, which I haven't heard about.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Twitbit 1.1 has just been submitted to Apple for approval. I am currently using it and all I can say is wow. Very significant update that makes this twitter app close to being perfect. Hopefully it hits the App Store asap.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW