App Store needs a more advanced search feature

viral

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
With 65,000 apps in just 20 categories, and hundreds more being added everyday, am I the only one who thinks Apple needs to rethink the rather simplistic search features in the app store? A generic keyword search, top 25 list and release date are the only ways to search.

I think we need a slightly more advanced filtering system. I would love to be able to sort by star rating, by number of ratings and some hybrid of both (where a single 5 star rating doesn't outweigh 5000 4 star ratings). Maybe even create a tagging system where users can create 'pseudo-categories' by grouping similar apps by tags and allowing us to search on those as well. SOMETHING has to change soon. How are we supposed to stumble across just the right app, 25 apps at a time?

boldwood1265

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I can only agree...searching the app store for good apps is an exercise in frustration (or futility should I say?).

But I recently heard on some blog (perhaps this one) that Apple is aware of this issue and is working on it, to come up with something slightly better. :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2