IM+ Push - opening is slow on iPhone 3G

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Morning all -

I've noticed that Push works fine, when using IM+ Push. But, when receiving a message or just opening IM+ Push, it opens but then takes about 10-20 seconds 'reconnecting'. Is this s downside to using Push? Or is this just how the software works?

Thanks in advance

Ivan

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Well its logging in all your accounts so that will take sometime, most IM apps are like this. I've never had a problem with IM+ so you really won't get much more out of me. IM+ is great

Mag

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if it's because of BeeJive, or because I've only got one account (WLM) which needs logging in, but for me it takes 3-4 seconds or so.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the info. But, considering I only have one account, Twitter, I still find it odd that it takes 'time' to open.

I guess that's the downside from going BlackBerry to iPhone ;)

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info. But, considering I only have one account, Twitter, I still find it odd that it takes 'time' to open.

I guess that's the downside from going BlackBerry to iPhone ;)

Oh, well I believe its loading your timeline is what takes time during the connection process

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Btw... BeeJive doesn't take long at all. From the time you hit open, through the time it takes to load the app and then reconnect to receive the message, it takes about 2-4 seconds tops for me. It's almost instant for me. That may be the downside to IM+, not iPhone vs. BB. BeeJive was always better than IM+ (IMHO) on the BlackBerry side as well (unless you needed Skype).

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I've just downloaded and installed BeeJive. Thus far, they are pretty much the same when opening, etc...

But, looking at BeeJive's layout and options, I like it better. I'm only concerned about one thing. It seems to keep BeeJive active and fully functional when it's not open, it's required to have PUSH on. I've even emailed them to confirm this. I sincerely hope that is not the case.

At present I've turned off my PUSH email; trying to save battery life here - it's so valuable ;)

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
my im+ does the same thing when opening back up after a received message. takes it a little bit to synch it all up it seems.

Mag

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I've just downloaded and installed BeeJive. Thus far, they are pretty much the same when opening, etc...

But, looking at BeeJive's layout and options, I like it better. I'm only concerned about one thing. It seems to keep BeeJive active and fully functional when it's not open, it's required to have PUSH on. I've even emailed them to confirm this. I sincerely hope that is not the case.

At present I've turned off my PUSH email; trying to save battery life here - it's so valuable ;)

You can turn push on and off in BeeJive's setting. You can say you want to log off as soon as you close the app, or x hours after you close the app, or never (always stay logged on).

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

I ended up switching to BeeJive because IM+ was just so slow. I've rarely had problems with BeeJive, and it does seem to keep me logged in, but hasnt' been much of a battery drain. Or maybe it just reconnects faster.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal