World War Discussion

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Yeah! 13 million an hour :D

Yes, that's what I was talking about. You have a lot more power plants than I do. I only have 18 oil rigs and I'm close to leveling up. :(

I had an attack phase today, I had this urge to get attack units. So I purchased about 100 submarines, did some sanction killing, and disbanded them. I think I will stick with defense for a while now, in my opinion it's a better position to be in.

I wont be on a forum or the game for a few days because school starts in about 4 days and I haven't started my summer reading yet. Going to 9th grade and must read 2 books a write 3 essays. :mad:

I have completely stopped banking my money because I don't get attacked often. But when I do get attacked I somehow lose even though that person didn't have anything close to the max attack. A lot of them are using max Battleships which are somewhere around 42 attack. I don't know how they win but I guess its not that much of a problem.

Have Fun,

Roonster
Alliance Code: KV85XT

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Roonster, I know you won't see this because you are busy with going back to school, but I felt compelled to write anyhow.

In my opinion you've just painted a big old bullseye on yourself. You don't bank your money and you will be very busy for the next several days. If you were not in my alliance I would be looking for you with a sense of urgency. Oh well, it's just a game. However, I am much more cautious with what I say and to whom I say it.

One thing I enjoyed about your post in particular was the dismay you exhibit in having to read two books and write essays. These are a few of my favorite things. Since my earliest years, I have been an avid reader. I can't even remember what all I've read. I would read by author. For instance, first I'd read everything written by Mark Twain, then maybe Tolkien or Stevenson... Once I'd read my way through an author, I'd find another whose work appealed to me. I wrote in the style of Mark Twain for many years. It became quite natural. I've finally developed my own style, in case you hadn't noticed.

Writing is great so long as you chose the subject matter. If it is assigned to you, try to present the material in a way that is new. A new approach to an old topic breathes new life into it.

Ok, back to work. I am now level 58 and the fields are ripe for harvesting! Who knew there would be so very many cash-cows at this level? :)

Sincerely,
Badshah

Last edited:

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Just FYI...

...I was on a little cruise vacation for the last 5 days, in the Caribbean. I bought 30 minutes of internet time aboard the ship, but could not get the WiFi to work with my iPhone. So... for almost 1 week, I was unable to log into the game and bank my funds. The results were amazing. I had about 1.4 billion when I was finally able to get back in. I lost less than 100 million due to attacks. I was hardly ever attacked but my payouts were upwards of 10 million each.

I am glad this happened in a way. I am glad to know now, what happens if I do not immediately bank my money. By the way, the cruise was very nice and I needed a break.

Sincerely,
Badshah

smoky619socal

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Woot!!

wow i finally found a forum for discussing the world war game!! Woot!! I didn't read all 30 pages, so i apologize if i sound redundent. Anyways, my stats, Level 33 with 91 alliance, 14.5 mil an hour income (down from 16 mil since i upgraded alliance and units to match...:(...)

Like most of you it seems, i too leveled too fast but stopped at level 13 or so for a long time camping out building income. A couple things i've noticed though. spending skill points on attack and defense is basically pointless, you can buy def buildings and way overcome the differences between attack units and def units, making skill points for defense unecessary. And when you think about it, maxed out at level 200, if you used all your skill for attack, you'd only have 600 extra attack, and chances are, anybody you can't beat has enough def points to match any extra attacks!! even at lower levels like mine!!

But my advice, start of slow and build income!! use the justcalcit dot com calculator for buildings and units (love the unit upgrade to the site!!). Also, I've heard that if you have 1 more ally than the limit of 5 times your level, you won't appear in the battle list because your in the 'next group' for allies, but your level can't support it. i dont' know for sure as i don't have max allies yet.

Questions though, does anybody know the formula used to figure out how much your honor points will go for when selling for cash? i know it's based off of income after upkeep, but not sure how exactly.

Also, does anyone know the battle ally groups. when you have low amount off allies, you fight against 1-4 ally groups, then 5-9 and so on. I've noticed now that i have much more allies, the different ally groupings for battleing are much larger, does anyone know the specific numbers?

just my thoughts!!

Smoky

smoky619socal

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Side note*

Buy defensive units!! They more than make up for the gap between defensive units and attack units (usually pretty big, and favoring attack!). I have several thousand defense points, and it more than makes up for the gap, and people attacking me with 20 more allies than i have!! Def buildings are a life saver!!

HabsFan

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Side note*

Buy defensive units!! They more than make up for the gap between defensive units and attack units (usually pretty big, and favoring attack!). I have several thousand defense points, and it more than makes up for the gap, and people attacking me with 20 more allies than i have!! Def buildings are a life saver!!

I agree. So far I have over 18,000 points in defense buildings and 600 aircraft carriers (max for my level) and I hardly ever lose a battle.

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know, the defensive buildings have no impact when you are the aggressor. In other words, they do not contribute to your defense. When you get attacked they help immensely. I was recently subject to about a days worth of nonstop sanctioning. It was brutal and caused me to rethink my own gameplay style. The only upside was that I won most of the battles and my stats trended upward in that regard. My punisher was helping me boost my Wins stat, while my Deaths stat was plummenting.

Anyhow, I need to figure out how to defend myself while attacking. I often lose battles I feel I ought to have won in that area.

Sincerely,
Bad

tyler384

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Justcalcit.com is now limited use only unless...

Justcalcit.com is only fully functional if you buy their app. If you go to the site now it will only list the lowest 5 units or buildings... supply depots, marines etc... To get the full site back you have to buy an app for your phone or itouch for $1.99. Is it a good site and worth the $1.99? Probably, but I haven't bought any apps on my phone and don't really want to start.

However I would never need the app and the extra material such as "tips" and "alliance codes" it comes with because they can all be found all over the internet for free, also I'd never use the app. Having to switch from the game to the app on the phone is tedious.

There's also another strong possibility that someone will come up with the exact same site and call it something else. I admit it's a good site, however the owner had tons of people e-mail him info for the different games now he's making a profit off of it, and cutting people off of what they helped build. Seems a bit low to me...

What's your take on the new Justcalcit.com?

- edit: I just noticed I had the old version of the site open on my phone when I went to use the internet. I can change all my info around on my phone and it still shows everything. Good luck to anyone who still has it saved.

-edit: Also you can use a google's cached site for the time being

http://209.85.229.132

- edit: You can save the webpage to your computer by going to FILE - SAVE PAGE AS - and clicking OK, you will forever have the limitless version of justcalcit.com this also works for all games.

Last edited:

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Tyler, I totally agree with you. It's not so much the 1.99 its more about how the site used to be run. If I remember correctly their slogan was "Free RPG game calculator!" Thats what it was known for; now I have never bought an app before either, and I certainly don't want to start now. I guess it's just because I have already paid so much for the device itself, I don't want to be controlled by these people.

I am more than certain that an alternative site will pop up sooner or later, but until then I will just let my money build up and I'll search for a nice spreadsheet in the mean time.

tyler384

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
world war justcalcit calculator download

I am more than certain that an alternative site will pop up sooner or later, but until then I will just let my money build up and I'll search for a nice spreadsheet in the mean time.

Why wait for a website when you can download the site to your computer. The link below has all 8 storm 8 games before the site went to the limited version. Just open the worldwar.htm file and you will have full access from the file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qoyy0lzziww/Justcalcit.com calculator.zip

Also I'm keeping the file updated on the official forums.
Justcalcit.com work around - Storm8 Community Forums

Last edited:

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
But the World War folder is missing all the images and only contains the script titled "ga". All the other games work fine though.

JAMES998964

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Any ideas what's in unknown shipment? I'm afraid curiousity will get the better of me and I will blow 50 honor points which are worth about 150 million each

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen