World War Discussion

Mike Hunt

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Oh, and I did make the mistake of posting on his profile, so now he was a way to come back and keep farming me. That was before I read Bad's strategy of not commenting for that exact reason.

tyler384

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Give it time

So, there I was. Sitting at 4 allies, building up my income and defense, minding my own business. Suddenly I start getting farmed by a guy a few levels above me but with a max number of allies and a decent amount of defense and income buildings. Turns out, he cruises people's comment sections and picks out weaker players and starts farming them. Now this guy has died over 200 times from being sanctioned and has plenty of comments from pissed off victims (which he deletes, except for 1 from each person so he can come back and hit you again in case you're different level)

I've had to up my number of allies in the past few days and invest in more defensive units and buildings to try and discourage this douchebag from farming me. The messed up thing is that he farms in the middle of the night, like 3-4 am. So what do you think I should do? Should I drop my alliance back to 4 and just try and live with the losses this guy will certainly put on me, or do I keep building up my defense at the expense of my income to try and fight him off?

The only way to stop him now is by building your defense or waiting for him to get 7 levels above you.

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
My Two Cents

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but...

Since he already has a link to you, via the post you made on his profile, why not post just once more asking him nicely to please give you a break or ease up on you? I always stop attacking if someone simply asks me not to. We don't know what the emotional or mental state is, of the other players. While we are not responsible for them to that extent, it is still a good idea to quit if they ask. But this is just how I view it. After all, we know it's just a game but some people take it very seriously.

On the other hand, posting insane rants, threats or other such comments, or spamming one's profile with gibberish, is not ever going to earn their good will and cooperation. I had one person start by immediately threatening me with her Alliance. They were worthless as far as helping her is concerned. She said they would teach me a lesson... :) I'm still waiting, Toni.

That guy that is farming you sounds exactly like me, except that I am not a douchebag. Oh, and one last comment: Tyler's advice works. I wrote a post a while ago about how one of my cash-cows finally got smart and raised his defenses to the point where I can no longer beat him. Way to go Gen. PR!

Sincerely,
Bad

Proud member of the Farmer's Union- F.U. now and forever!

Last edited:

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
This brings up a great point I have been meaning to discuss in the forum.

This method works great for putting some extra money in my pocket. I simply go on the battle screen, search for a player that is fairly strong, meaning they have good attack power and decent defense as well. I look in their comments, and many times you will see a myriad of comments somewhere along the lines of "Dude! Stop Attacking Me!" or "Come on! 5 Times!" stretching down the pages.

Not only do these comments indicate that the player is fairly weak, or just weaker than the attacker, but they also mean that the player is a good source of money, most likely keeping their money out of the vault. Of course you should always check the date of the post because the player could have easily changed their ways as stated previously in this thread. Either way, it doesn't hurt to check out a few of them and see if you can put a few victories and maybe a million or two.

An extension to this strategy is to find comments in the comments of the people in the comments of the people in the comments of the people whose link you already posses, so you can get back to this person as often as you need to. This strategy works wonders with me, but currently I'm 8 XP away from level 24 and I wish to stay low for a few more days.

In other news, I let my income accumulate for about 2 days and I was able to patch the holes in my defense, I now only have 79 less defense points than the maximum attack points. I hope this will enable me to win all my battles, because lately when being attacked I have been winning and losing in a strange pattern. It went something like: Win, Win, Lose, Lose, Lose, Win, Lose, Win, Win. Another strange thing about this was that my loses were all by different people, no one attacked me more than once even though they each got about four hundred thousand out of me. This really baffled me, but hey, I shouldn't complain.

Last edited:

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Wow... Roonster, just Wow... I never would have thought of that. I will try that tactic and see how it works out for me. I am currently out of cash-cows, and just trying to work the enemies list like a regular Joe. It's ok, but I like having a good, steady revenue stream.

By the way, please encourage your Pinoy friends to join my alliance. My step-children are immigrating very soon, and I really need to brush up on my Tagalog. Or else I will be the odd man out, in my own bahay-kubo. :)

Bad
Q6DQCD

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Wow, this is totally irrelevant but I just stumbled upon a player with the worst stats imaginable. He is only level 11 and here are his statistics:

Missions Completed: 793
Fights Won: 0
Fights Lost: 1175
Kills: 0
Deaths: 0

He has no units, 5 supply depots and a refinery.

I'm sorry, but I found this quite amusing. :)

Mike Hunt

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but...

Since he already has a link to you, via the post you made on his profile, why not post just once more asking him nicely to please give you a break or ease up on you? I always stop attacking if someone simply asks me not to. We don't know what the emotional or mental state is, of the other players. While we are not responsible for them to that extent, it is still a good idea to quit if they ask. But this is just how I view it. After all, we know it's just a game but some people take it very seriously.

On the other hand, posting insane rants, threats or other such comments, or spamming one's profile with gibberish, is not ever going to earn their good will and cooperation. I had one person start by immediately threatening me with her Alliance. They were worthless as far as helping her is concerned. She said they would teach me a lesson... :) I'm still waiting, Toni.

That guy that is farming you sounds exactly like me, except that I am not a douchebag. Oh, and one last comment: Tyler's advice works. I wrote a post a while ago about how one of my cash-cows finally got smart and raised his defenses to the point where I can no longer beat him. Way to go Gen. PR!

Sincerely,
Bad

Proud member of the Farmer's Union- F.U. now and forever!

Tried the nice approach, didn't work. He just ignored me and kept farming me at night. I don't have a problem if people attack me to get cash. Most are similar strength/level as me, only do it 3-4 times, and back off. This guys takes the coward's way and picks on the players that started playing later than him. Oh well, to each his own. I did try boosting up my alliance and defensive units/structures but it was starting to seriously eat into my income. So I figured I'll keep spending my cash on defense/income structures and if I'm asleep, then I'm asleep. What can I do. Last night he farmed me for a mil around 6 in the morning. Oh well. My income is 2.2 mil right now and keeps growing. I'm trying to get to level up to lvl25 so I can build oil rigs. According to justcalcit.com, oil rigs are twice as efficient at generating cash at the current price of my other income buildings. Which means that right now, instead of spending 8.5 mil on a power plant to make 56K, I can spend the 20 mil to make 270K.

P.S. Somebody mentioned that waiting for him to get 7 levels above me would make him stop farming me. How so?

W6T688

Last edited:

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Tried the nice approach, didn't work. He just ignored me and kept farming me at night. I don't have a problem if people attack me to get cash. Most are similar strength/level as me, only do it 3-4 times, and back off. This guys takes the coward's way and picks on the players that started playing later than him. Oh well, to each his own. I did try boosting up my alliance and defensive units/structures but it was starting to seriously eat into my income. So I figured I'll keep spending my cash on defense/income structures and if I'm asleep, then I'm asleep. What can I do. Last night he farmed me for a mil around 6 in the morning. Oh well. My income is 2.2 mil right now and keeps growing. I'm trying to get to level up to lvl25 so I can build oil rigs. According to justcalcit.com, oil rigs are twice as efficient at generating cash at the current price of my other income buildings. Which means that right now, instead of spending 8.5 mil on a power plant to make 56K, I can spend the 20 mil to make 270K.

P.S. Somebody mentioned that waiting for him to get 7 levels above me would make him stop farming me. How so?

W6T688

Hello, Mike Hunt. I see your problem and I think I have a solution for you. I am sure you have heard that if you keep your health below 27, you cannot be attacked, well until you regenerate above that. In order to keep your health below 27, try attacking people over and over (people you can beat of course). This will get your health down so he cannot attack you. Now you are probably wondering what happens when it regenerates while I sleep. As you also may know, when your health gets below 27 you cannot attack others either. So when you get your health to say, 25, you have about 10 minutes until you can be attacked again (keep in mind you can only be attacked once until your health dips below 27 again, so he wont be able to farm you).

Before you go to sleep make sure that your health is below 27, but if you are really desperate, you can try this approach. Once you get your health below 27, wait until you regenerate back to exactly 27 health, and attack someone again (preferably an evenly matched opponent, you may lose but it's better than being farmed), this will ensure that your health is way below 27 and will take a nice amount of time to get back up. Even when it does get back up he will only be able to attack you a few times.

I don't think this will last you the whole night, but it is certainly worth a try.

As for your other question, there is a limit as to who you can attack and who can attack you. I think the number is 5, because I am Level 23 and I can attack anyone that is Level 18 and above. You can attack anyone above your level, but you can only attack people that are at most 5 Levels below you.

Hope I helped,

Roonster
Alliance Code: KV85XT

Last edited:

Mr.small

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
World war computer application

picture21.png

Hey look at this! Its world war as a computer application. I was just flicking through codes and found this. what you guys think?

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
How much will oil rigs be when I hit lvl 24? I'm payen 28 mil at the moment for power plant...rip off

The oil rig starts off at 20 mil and brings in 270,000 income.

Wow James, you are making quite a lot of money. I'm level 24 and making only about 6.3 mil.

Speaking of that, I am extremely nervous about leveling to 25 because although the oil rigs are available, a new attack unit is available as well. The Supersonic Aircraft has 68 attack and the highest defense unit is 35. After much speculation, my plan is to breeze though levels 25, 26, 27, 28, and 29. This way I will unlock the Armored Snow Hovercraft (lvl 30), with 48 defense I will only be about 2,000 defense points away from the total attack points (this is considering my current defensive structures, and this number will most likely get smaller).

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Add me 9U8UEV

Hello handlebars, Welcome to the World War thread.

You are welcome to post your alliance code here, but we also want you to contribute to the discussion, as that is the purpose of this thread. If you only want to post your code, please do that in the Alliance Code thread.

Thank You,

Roonster
Alliance Code: KV85XT

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm making 9 million now and have 40 honor points saved! My upkeep is 1 million though! I'm being offered 36 million for 10 honor points.

I'm making about 9.5 mil right now. My upkeep is 1.3 mil, I have 180 honor points left and I'm being offered 38 mil for 10 honor points. :D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal