World War Discussion

Xanderprime

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Question for all of you, are the attack and defense attributes flat figures or multipliers? I'm starting to think that each point you spend is a 1% bonus to attack or defense.

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Question for all of you, are the attack and defense attributes flat figures or multipliers? I'm starting to think that each point you spend is a 1% bonus to attack or defense.

It seems to be that nobody has a real answer to this question. I really hope that Storm 8 decides to write a description of the Attack and Defense Skill Points in the "Help/FAQ" section of the home screen as they did with other terms unclear to beginners. I really had trouble starting out with this game; mainly the concept of sanctions.

tyler384

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Back after much searching

After looking for a couple answers I ended up with more questions.

When I first posted I mentioned I was working on a spread sheet to not only show all the units their stats and the level they can be gained at, but also how to determine whether you can beat your opponent. After much searching there are still three things that no one seems to have any info on. The weight of attack and defense skill points compared to units and buildings, The actual advantage each nation has, and whether or not there is a win to lose variable when attacking and defending.

One of the times when I started out I put all my skill points into attacking and built several defensive buildings. Why put 20 points into defense when you can build 2 guard towers instead. Yet even though I had a ton of defensive buildings and more defensive power than my enemies attacking I would still die. So I restarted and have put about 28 points in attacking and bought more defensive units. Recently I took a screen shot of a battle with someone and added all the points up. He had waay more defense than my attack. If all points are equal I should have lost by all accounts, yet I didn't...

http://i31.tinypic.com/2psrb5t.jpg

Buildings defense weaker than units? or skill points weigh more than the units and buildings? Or should i go back to school and repeat Algebra?

Here's a couple questions I'm curious about

Nation advantages: What exact advantages do all nations have? If you're American and have an air advantage is that X more attack points for all airplanes?

Can you move between accounts on one iPhone with multiple itunes accounts or having multiple storm accounts or is your game account bound to your phone regardless? I know they introduced the ability to make an account under settings to transfer accounts to new phones, but say you made a second storm account on your new phone can you switch between them? I know if you delete and reinstall your account everything is still there from before.

I made a comment on "my profile" with my alliance code but it doesn't show up under news feed. Are people that click on my name able to see my comment? Is there a difference between the comments under My Profile and under the News Feed?

I swear when I started playing in June I was able to see the outcome of a battle after being attacked, that way i could see how many alliance the enemy used to attack me. Did they take that away or am i bugged? Or is my memory deceiving me?

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Wow. A lot of questions there, and I certainly don't have complete answers to any of them. I have been playing this game for nearly a month now and I also remember being able to review the battle results after being attacking. Maybe my mind is simply making this up, but I do faintly remember being able to do this.

The "justcalcit.com" website offers a great deal of help but is lacking a unit calculator. The website is currently working on creating one and needs help with the levels at which each unit is available. If you can remember when you got ANY unit, or you can see the unit at the bottom of your list in gray with the level number under it, please submit it to :::I have 9 posts and I need 10 to post an email address, i will post it below::: so we can use their new feature sooner.

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Tyler, you have many good questions and have done a lot of work on the subject. I'm afraid at this point you know way more than I do, but I hope you will pursue your research and publish the results. It would be nice if Storm8 could publish some anwers. Perhaps they will.

I want to re-emphasize how helpful the JustCalcIt site has been to me so far. I will hit 9 million in income tonight, and 10 tomorrow. Then I can rebuild my forces. It's been hard staying out of the fray this long but I think it will pay off in the long run.

Bad

P.S. Thanks to KRAS for setting me on this path.

Last edited:

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I have been using the justcalcit website as well, but my income just doesn't seem to be getting that much higher. I am currently at 862,700 an hour and have been in that range for a few days now because I had to buy more Naval Tankers since I leveled up.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance
Alliance Code: KV85XT

HabsFan

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
I have been using the justcalcit website as well, but my income just doesn't seem to be getting that much higher. I am currently at 862,700 an hour and have been in that range for a few days now because I had to buy more Naval Tankers since I leveled up.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance
Alliance Code: KV85XT

Focus on just buying buildings. Don't level up (no missions, no attacking). Once you get to an income you are happy with, focus on defense (maximum units for your alliance, and lots and lots of buildings).

I have an alliance of 40 and during battles am attacked with those that have an alliance of 40-44. (I need to add 4 more to my alliance). I calculated that the highest attack someone could attack me with is 132 B2 bombers so that is 14520 attack points. My goal is to surpass that in defense points between buildings and units (max of 132) once I have an alliance of 44.

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the tips, I have tried not to level up but I couldn't stay at level 17 forever, and eventually I accumulated enough XP to advance to level 18 mainly from being attacked and winning the battle.

One of my problems is that I have too many allies, I have 187 allies right now which means whenever I level up (which happens like once a week) I am automatically faced with the "masters", for lack of better word, of each level. This is a big downside because I get attacked a lot more than usual. Luckily I try to either transfer my money to my vault or spend it before the enemy has a chance to attack.

Also, to keep this forum going, does anyone have any tips as to how to intimidate the enemy into not attacking you? Name? Number of Units..etc..?

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
When I was actually fighting, the first thing I looked at was the number of wins vs losses. If there was a huge disparity, and the wins were much higher than mine, I'd avoid them outright.

Next I'd look at the units. Anyone with huge numbers of attack or defensive units were not considered*. I have read not to put too much stock in infantry units, but all the others make a huge difference.

I don't know if there is much validity to my process, but it is what intimidates me. That is one reason I hate getting beaten so much right now. I still have 600 more wins than losses, but without me fighting at all, the gap is narrowing, and I fear that will be an inducement for even more attacks.

Bad

*By this I mean, someone with few units per se, but 500 Aircraft Carriers. I would not attack anyone like that.

Last edited:

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I totally agree, the first things I look at are the wins and losses. But I never stop there because many people that have a large number of wins are not as great as their statistics say. I move down to the units; if they have "thousands" of infantry units then I right away move to another person, not because the infantry is too powerful for me but because people with, lets say.. 10,000 paratroopers most likely make much more many than I do, meaning they can afford better units. Of course these are not the only things that stop me from attacking people, but are amongst the least obvious.

I noticed in some members' comments a disclaimer saying something along the lines of: "DO NOT ATTACK ME, I AM CAMPING TO BUILD INCOME IF YOU ATTACK ME THEN YOU ARE A COWARD"

What is your input on a message like this? Personally I think that it would egg people on even more to attack me. What do you think?

The_strain

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Hey I already sent allot of you alliance requests please add me If I skipped you though cause I just started but will play allot. =) Its GXTAAA

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know how to kill someone? Does their health have to go completely to zero? How is this possible when they retreat at 26 health, do you have to calculate exactly so their health goes to zero?

I see people with like 11,000 kills! How?

HabsFan

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know how to kill someone? Does their health have to go completely to zero? How is this possible when they retreat at 26 health, do you have to calculate exactly so their health goes to zero?

I see people with like 11,000 kills! How?

They attack someone that is on the sanctions list. That is the only way to kill someone. If you click on Battle, then click the Sanctions tab. If you attack someone on that list and they get down to 0, it counts as a kill for you and you get the bounty listed, plus any cash that person had left.

People don't last on the sanction list for long though. They get killed really fast.

purplesunrise

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
You can discuss the game and post your alliance codes here.

My alliance code: MTNRS

World War created by Storm8

LAUNCH SPECIAL: GET World War for FREE until 5/31!! LIMITED TIME ONLY! [Normal Price: $4.99]

Xanderprime

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
In regard as to who to hit, look for the best defensive unit you can attain at your level (like for me it's carriers at 60 defense). Check how many they have, and if they have the max amount (15xlvl) then generally avoid them (at least until you have the offense to crack those defenses).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2