@jhamilton: I have to charge at least twice a day. I can take a full battery and drain it in about 2 hours of constant WW play. So I charge it when I need to. I learned the hard way that playing while charging doesn't work so well. The drain comes faster than the charge. I need two iPhones... or should play less.

Anyway, aside from the inconvenience of it, am I damaging my phone in any way? I've stopped the playing while charging madness. :o

Bad
    I know what you mean Bad. I have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen and when I finally get full battery, its back down in a few hours. Also, when I lose wi-fi connection I pretty much die (the new 3.0 firmware for 2nd gen touch really needs work with the wi-fi connection).
    08-10-2009 12:16 PM
    Hey all back after a week or so off, got 7.5m/h now, camping out at level 25. How you doing roon? What's it net income?
    Don't laugh, I'm at about 2.8 mil/hr.

Does anyone notice that Transporters die in pretty much every battle?

Everyone, Honor Points Offer Zombies Live!
    08-10-2009 02:27 PM
    I am up to 10 million net now, but I am ready to purchase about 100 more Aircraft Carriers. So, I'll have to build it up again after. Oh, and to me, it seems my B2 Bombers break very easily. I don't know why but I seem to lose one or two of them even on the weakest enemies. I hate it...

Check out the new JustCalcIt webform. This just changed:
    Just Calculate It

I haven't tried it out yet, so gotta go!

Badshah
    08-10-2009 02:57 PM
    Wow there are a lot of bugs on this. Needs work!
    08-10-2009 04:02 PM
    It says "You can save $292,500 upkeep without losing attack/defense by selling these: 117 Medics"

117 X $25= $2,925

Too many zeros!
    08-10-2009 04:08 PM
    Glad to see people are posting here, with the Storm 8 forums up I thought this one was gonna get abandoned.

Just hit level 25 and pushing to $10m. I plan to camp out here a while until I get enough defense to increase my allies. Currently I only got Bad, Ared and Xander, but have plenty saved up.

With a low numbers of allies, buildings are really good for defense, but are they cost effective when you have hundreds of allies?
    08-10-2009 06:40 PM
    Anyway, aside from the inconvenience of it, am I damaging my phone in any way? I've stopped the playing while charging madness. :o

Bad
    As far as using your phone while charging it, I haven't heard anything about it getting damaged.

Here's what apple mentioned about the battery

"For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, its important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down)"

"Keep your iPhone out of the sun or a hot car... heat will degrade your batterys performance the most."

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

Also when you charge your phone if you have a case take the case off because your Iphone will emit lots of heat and it can lessen the battery over time. Also at the site below which is about a year old, they mention charging your phone past full will make it last longer.

How To Make Your Iphone Battery Last Longer at DanielAndrade.net
    08-10-2009 07:06 PM
    I might try taking the cover off the phone while charging. I keep a little rubber, form-fitting jacket on it at all times. Often when I pick it up, while charging, it actually does feel hot.

Thanks for the tips, Tyler.
    08-10-2009 08:46 PM
    Interesting question - I currently am at level 26, pulling about $8m/hr but I have trimmed my alliance down to only 4 people which works amazingly...then you can battle people who are in alliance 1-4 which makes for easy kills...plus you only have to keep 12 units on hand.

Anyway, my question is - when you are attacked, do you use your best defensive units? I only have 12 of the X-20 fighter or whatever they are called that have a high attack but low defense. I'm wondering if I should invest in 12 of the highest defensive units also and just carry 12 of the best attackers and 12 of the best defenders. I didn't know if the game uses your best defensive units or what when you are attacked.

I do have quite a few defensive structures so I don't get attacked and defeated very much but wanted to make sure I'm using the best units.
    08-11-2009 08:14 AM
    Thanks for the warning Kapiz! I will never attack you. But I also have a question:

Recently I've gotten hooked on working the sanctions list. However, I never see anyone in that list flagged as an ally. Does the ally flag not function there? I have a strict policy (for myself) never to attack allies for any reason. Now I am afraid I might be doing so, because to be honest, with 1151 allies, I do not know who is in my alliance.

Roonster, I saw your name in the sanctions list yesterday. I don't think there are two Roonsters in the world, so it must have been you. I did not attack, even though you were not flagged. This is what prompted the question. Or...did you leave? :o I hope not.

I hope Storm8 will change it to mark alliance members. Although I am asking a question, I feel certain I know the answer already.

RSVP

Badshah
    Q6DQCD
    08-11-2009 08:54 AM
    Nope. The ally indicator does not show up on the sanction list. In fact I've accidently hit allies because of this. I of course apologize when I recognize that I hit an ally but I should not have to do that.
    08-11-2009 10:38 AM
    Oh for any sanction hunters out there (i have 911 kills so far at lvl 49) if you haven't figured it out yet, the best way to refresh the list is to attack your own country. You'll get a warning that you cannot attack your own country and the list will refresh. Just be careful when spamming a single button to refresh as a higher lvl opponent can appear at the same place where you were attacking before. I've lost many b2s because of this.
    08-11-2009 10:53 AM
    I used to never like sanctioning, even by updating from clicking on your own country because you have to do it so many times to finally get someone.

But now I'm so addicted to it!
    08-11-2009 11:01 PM
    Thanks for the warning Kapiz! I will never attack you. But I also have a question:

Recently I've gotten hooked on working the sanctions list. However, I never see anyone in that list flagged as an ally. Does the ally flag not function there? I have a strict policy (for myself) never to attack allies for any reason. Now I am afraid I might be doing so, because to be honest, with 1151 allies, I do not know who is in my alliance.

Roonster, I saw your name in the sanctions list yesterday. I don't think there are two Roonsters in the world, so it must have been you. I did not attack, even though you were not flagged. This is what prompted the question. Or...did you leave? :o I hope not.

I hope Storm8 will change it to mark alliance members. Although I am asking a question, I feel certain I know the answer already.

RSVP

Badshah
    Q6DQCD
    Since when were there alliance markers on the battle list.. am I missing something?

And yes Bad I was on the sanctions list for quite a while yesterday, I hate it when people think that the sanctions list is just for fun. This guy was on level 25, and he couldn't even defeat me (I'm level 21) so he sanctioned me nearly 25 times, although it wasn't so bad. I accumulated many wins from all of it.
    08-11-2009 11:41 PM
    Roon, the big blue dots after the names on the battle screen indicate an ally.

I was in a sanction war myself yesterday. Someone 2 levels above me was multi-sanctioning me for some reason. As soon as I saw the sanction I unloaded the rest of my ammo on him (hit him like 6 times and took some good money). Then I sanctioned him back a few times myself. Not sure how or why he sanctioned me, but he might have been on the sanction list beforehand and I might have killed him a few times this way. I guess he didn't like it.
    08-12-2009 08:16 AM
    I think I've only sanctioned someone once, but I can't recall the name. I did it only so I could keep his link on my screen, for easy access. His was a particularly lucrative account, although he also deserved what he got, due to some prior bad behavior on his part.

I haven't been sanctioned in a while now, but for a time I was fairly regularly. I don't mind it so much- not like the sanctioners hope I will. When being sanctioned, I just set the phone aside and spend time with my wife. She likes that and we both end up the better off for it. I have learned to bank my money in about 3 seconds, so even when sanctioned, I have not lost a dime. In a way it is good for me because I am forced to take a little break. I will not engage in a sanction war. It seems pointless.

To each their own,
    Badshah

p.s. I wish very much that they would put the old JustCalcIt form back up. The new one is unusable to me, and I need to make some purchases. I know it will be great when complete but for now, the old one would be nice.
    08-12-2009 08:44 AM
    I like the new justcalcit. Especially the new assign button. What is it you don't like about the site?
    08-12-2009 11:21 AM
    This one does not retain my information. Every time I open it, it's clean. Also, when clicking on the level button, the up-arrow, it refreshes the page every single time, which means I have to reposition on the arrow each time. I am at level 50 right now, so just getting there will take a long time. BUT- it doesn't matter because it won't save it anyhow!!

This is the same computer and the same configuration that the old one worked perfectly on... I like the concept of this new one, but it does not work for me.

Badshah
    08-12-2009 11:39 AM
    Odd.... It retains my info fine, but I use my iPhone to view the site. The arrows used to reposition like you have stated but for me it doesn't anymore.
    08-12-2009 01:15 PM
    I fixed it. First, I am not using the iPhone to view it because I need to see both at the same time. I use my PC to view the webform, and of course, the iPhone to make the purchases.

My problem was in saving the cookie. I decided not to use the form itself for entering the numbers. So I editted the cookie directly which was simple. I believe I was screwing up the format of the cookie when saving it. I figured out how to save without messing it up. I used Notepad for this. I have over 700 aircraft carriers and had no desire to click that many times.

(Now that the numbers are entered, I will maintain my information through the webform. I just didn't want to do all that initial clicking.)

Anyway, yes, it is ok now, and I do like it very much. My thanks to the author. I wish his logic could be implemented on the Buildings form in WW.

Badshah
    08-12-2009 01:23 PM
    Roon, the big blue dots after the names on the battle screen indicate an ally.

I was in a sanction war myself yesterday. Someone 2 levels above me was multi-sanctioning me for some reason. As soon as I saw the sanction I unloaded the rest of my ammo on him (hit him like 6 times and took some good money). Then I sanctioned him back a few times myself. Not sure how or why he sanctioned me, but he might have been on the sanction list beforehand and I might have killed him a few times this way. I guess he didn't like it.
    I don't know why but I have never had a blue dot anywhere. I haven't seen any blue dots...

I'm using an iPod Touch 2nd Generation, running 3.0 firmware. I restored the iPod, nothing changed.
    08-12-2009 02:42 PM
    You don't have to click the # on JustCalc to move it up, just highlight it and type it in then just tab to the next one...way faster and not as much of a hassle.
    08-12-2009 04:08 PM
    I cannot believe this!!!!! I just tried it, wengleha, and you are right!! This is wonderful news. I wish I had known it weeks ago. Thanks for the info. What else do you know about this amazing tool?

Badshah
    08-12-2009 04:28 PM
    You don't have to click the # on JustCalc to move it up, just highlight it and type it in then just tab to the next one...way faster and not as much of a hassle.
    Oh wow! You are a life saver wengleha! They should advertise that more, most people probably do not know about that feature. Or am I just totally oblivious?
    08-12-2009 08:02 PM
    Not sure how I even stumbled upon it because it certainly doesn't look like you can do that...but it's nice when I go from updating my buildings at work to updating them at home etc...especially since I also play iMobsters and Kingdoms Live. Glad to help though!
    08-13-2009 08:34 AM
350 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD