World War Discussion

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
First let me say that I hope this thread will not turn into a list of player codes. There's already a perfectly good thread for that.

What I am looking for is a discussion of the game by Storm8 entitled 'World War'. I've been playing this game for less than a week and am totally hooked on it. I play it 24-hours a day, and have to do 2 charges per day just to keep going. It is internet intensive.

The first time I looked at it I came way with a very bad opinion. This was mainly due to the fact that there is no animation- no actual fighting, as it were. Once I had given it another chance, my attitude completely changed. It is all about building your revenue stream, your base of operations and your army.

The bulk of my income comes from battles. I have a strong cash-flow because of this. I also have some very good real estate that produces 1/4 million gold per hour. That is my mainstay, but the big bucks come from 'hunting'. I hunt for enemies and when I find someone I think I can beat, I beat them, and beat them, and beat them. The profit potential is enormous.

One tactic I have learned is that, when someone beats me, I photograph all of their equipment and base. Then I reproduce it for myself, and add a bit. Oh, and I have yet to spend a penny. I am sure Storm8 doesn't want to hear that. I've done it the slow way, but finding fat targets helps a lot. Also, there are plenty who will shell out the dough for a bit o' instant gratification, if you don't mind my saying.

That's my take on World War. What's yours?

Sincerely,
Bad

Last edited:

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
*Sigh*

You just got yourself a sanction, boy....

Just kidding. You're added. But please, where can I go for an intelligent discussion of this magnificent game?

Bad
aka Q6DQCD

Last edited:

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
At Last, some comments!

Thanks to those who have posted comments other than their player codes. I guess I am looking for a 'discussion' of the game. Does anyone know if there exists a forum somewhere for that purpose? I haven't found one.

How do your stats come into play? What sort of calculations determine the winner?* How do your defenses affect the outcome when you attack? when you defend? Do you buy Honor Points? If so, how do you feel afterward?

I bought a billion Interstellar Kredits in EVE one time. Afterward I felt as though the game had lost all meaning. Nothing had any value when I could simply plop down my dinero and be rich in-game.

I am tempted to buy 600 Honor Points. It's only 19.99 and I could buy myself a some excellent real estate with the cash. (Honor Points = Cash if you visit the President). I guess then I could go around and kick some ppls arses. But today, most of my fun comes from finding opponents I can beat, and looting them. It's great when you walk off with 400k from someone lame enough not to have banked it. When I find those fellows I give them a sound thrashing and love every minute of it.

What happens if I just buy my way to power and strength?

These are the sort of things I want to know. If this is not the proper forum for it (apologies to the mods), then direct me, please.

Sincerely,
Bad
(or Badshah, either will do)

*How is it that you 'Win' if the loser has no cash, and you lose many extremely expensive units? How is that winning? :confused:

Last edited:

DisneyFanDML

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I am new to this game as it seems a lot are. I wanted to discuss Sanctions. What are they and why are they listed on their own page?
Thanks. :)

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad you asked. Welcome to my attempt at having a little World War discussion.

Sanctions are like a contract for a hit. If someone is making your life miserable and you are not able to take them on, head to head, you can sanction them. For as little as 10,000 you can arrange to have others, more experienced and powerful than you take them out.

I've been sanctioned a time or two (or three...). It doesn't hurt except that you lose all your health and have to either seek expensive medical treatment, or wait until you recover.

Thanks again for posting.

Last edited:

tyler384

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Fun game

First I hope I never run into you, you seem like a pretty vicious opponent.

When I started I wasn't sure why the game was on the top 25. Like you said no graphics and not very flashy. I also wasn't happy considering after leveling everyone had more money and units than I did and many had more allies than me. So I reset the games a few times and tried different strategies, now I've built 25 supply depots 17 refineries and 7 war factories and I'm at level 9. The only upkeep I have are some medics and 2 choppers that are required for missions so my upkeep's less than 1% to also bring in around $250k. I'm building up my defense choosing the buildings that bring in the best defense for the money and rotating the depots refineries and factories. I've been playing mostly missions, saving my money and attacking someone if I barely have enough money for a structure.

I've been playing about 3 weeks and have looked all over for a chart of all the units and buildings, how much they cost, what they look like and what level you get them at, pretty much an overall picture of what's in the game, but haven't found any. So at the moment I'm working on a spreadsheet for Excel that will show you all that info as well as let you type in your own info and show your upkeep, income, the increasing costs for buildings depending on how many of each you'd have, project you income later and your chance of winning against an opponents army.

As far as attack and defense points. I'm assuming that 1 defense point = 1 attack point and you can only use structure defense when being attacked. So assuming your skill points are matched if someone has 100 defense power to use and you attack them with 101 attack power that means you should win, right? Or is there a win to lose ratio also? Like the ratio of losing a unit when fighting. I've found that paratroopers die quite often compared to others.

Thoughts... suggestions...

Alliance Code: GP43ST

timtheroofer

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
You are going to realize that the money you get from attacking people is pennies compared to building your income. Concentrate on building your income and just go slow with the levels to start out.

Tim
NR2NYQ

HabsFan

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm really addicted to this game. I started out and just started to battle and buy units without any plan and it didn't work out well. Now I'm focusing on defense first. I built up my income to over 2.5 million per hour buy constantly buying income earning buildings. Once there, I focused on the unit with the highest defense points at my level which is an aircraft carrier (60 points). I bought as many as I can battle with my current alliance of 28 (84 carriers).

Once they were purchased, I focused on buying buildings to add defense points.. In the meantime, I'm slowly adding new alliances and immediately buy 3 carriers for each new alliance and occasionally buy a new building that provides income to keep me in the 2.5 million/hr range. My goal is to get over 10000 defense points so when attacked I should win. (Highest attack is the B2 bomber at 110 attack). I'm not trying to level up as much now and focusing on building a very strong defense. Once there, I'll use the same strategy to build a strong attack then focus on leveling up and purchasing new units as needed.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I d/led it, but haven't installed or gave it a try yet. I'm not into games, but a co-worker begged me to get it to play with her.

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Wow! Thanks for all the good comments. I never really had much strategy, and I can see where I've made some mistakes. I have leveled too fast, which is the result of doing missions, I think.

I am currently trying to discipline myself and force myself to spend money on A) Income Producing structures, and B) Defensive Structures. I have a strategy now, sort of. Money generated from structures and missions, goes into the vault for use in purchasing more structures. Money earned from warfare goes to replenish my forces. It's working for me pretty well.

I wish there was some place we could look for a good overview of our strengths and weaknesses. I am familiar with the Profile but it is not very useful for this type of info. I hope you will publish your spreadsheet when it is done, Tyler.

Sincerely,
Q6DQCD

Last edited:

ASALSA

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I just recently downloaded this app and have to say, it is very addicting. The one thing that I want to ask is: How in the h... do you get upkeep points. I don't see any building to buy that will give me such thing and for the couple of days that I've been playing this, the upkeep stay at 0. And how do you keep that flow going through out the game?
Can anybody help here?
Thanks

Last edited:

wengleha

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I had downloaded this and was playing both this and Mafia Wars at the same time but it was destroying my battery so I uninstalled both of them and battery life when back to great - anyone else have similar issues with these games sapping battery? I assume they must be running in the background even when the phone is in standby? I would love to play this again but I just can't deal with the battery issue it was giving me.

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
its because push notifications, the more apps that you hae that support them, the less battery lige you have. I would say you should restore it and set it up as a new phone, see how that goes

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
To Asala:

I think you mean Honor Points, the ones you spend with the President. These can be purchased from Storm8 via the App Store. Also, sometimes they offer free ones if you download and install one of the other games. I do this when they offer it.

To Wrengleha:

I have major battery problems too, except I just live with them. I often have to recharge twice in a day. Or I play the game with the charge cord hooked up. I think it is because it is in constant contact with the server. Everything it does communicates with the server. Anyhow, I play anyway. I have moved my money into my vault every hour as it is delivered, day or night for two weeks. I mean that literally. I have to be addicted.

Bad

Last edited:

wengleha

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Wonder if you disable the push notifications if the game will function properly and only have to be in contact with the server when you are logged into the game - I would think so but not sure.

HabsFan

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
I disabled Push for all the Storm 8 games and haven't had an issue with battery life or any issues with the game. The only thing push really did was let me know that I was attacked or had a comment so I didn't really need it. I just check manually whenever I have time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR