World War Discussion

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I have a question for all of you. Do you put your money in the vault? If so how often? I put my money in the vault every hour and calculated that the 10 percent fee is much less than the amount of money that could be taken from attackers. In order to do it every hour (or so) I set a timer on my phone for 1 hour, then when it goes off I reset it again at 1 hour and go put my money in the vault. When I have enough money for something I want to buy I don't put the last payment into the vault because that would be a waste of 10%, so I add up what I have and what is in the vault and withdraw how much ever I need to buy what I want, this works efficiently because I wont have any money left over to put back into the vault thus again avoiding the 10% fee. What is your routine?

Xanderprime

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't vault unless I get into a mini war with someone (someone you've pissed off). Generally I have enough defense to repel most attacks.

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I am level 18, and I clicked on someone's name who was level 16, for some reason the attack button was visible and they were not on the sanctions list. How is this possible?

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
What is your routine?

Mine is almost the same as yours, except, I have multiple alarms set for the nighttime hours. I choose the Crickets alarm, and turn it almost all the way down. It wakes me up, and the wife just thinks it's crickets. It works out well. Also, I keep the phone on the nightstand. This makes it easy to grab it, deposit the monies, and head back to lala land. I've done this almost every hour since I started. I have occasionally slept through the crickets, only to find myself looted out of mucho dinero. It makes me angry... ok, not really. My bad for sleeping through the alarm-crickets. It rarely happens.

My mentor has told me that once I get my base defenses built up to a proper degree, I will be able to sleep nights without the looting. I hope so...

Oh, one more suggestion: Do not leave the game, unless you need to do something else. I just put the phone to sleep mode while in-game. It makes getting back in faster, especially in the wee hours when your cognitive powers are at a low ebb.

Bad

Last edited:

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your tips Kapiz, I appreciate it.

I set an alarm for 5 AM because I usually sleep at around 12-1 AM and wake up at 10 AM so it's near the middle of my sleep. I put on a soft alarm tone so that I am not startled. When I wake up in the morning I don't even remember waking up but I see millions in the vault and and extra Power Plant or Weapons Factory. I loose virtually no sleep from this because I am pretty much asleep when I transfer my money.

wengleha

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Mine is almost the same as yours, except, I have multiple alarms set for the nighttime hours. I choose the Crickets alarm, and turn it almost all the way down. It wakes me up, and the wife just thinks it's crickets. It works out well. Also, I keep the phone on the nightstand. This makes it easy to grab it, deposit the monies, and head back to lala land. I've done this almost every hour since I started. I have occasionally slept through the crickets, only to find myself looted out of mucho dinero. It makes me angry... ok, not really. My bad for sleeping through the alarm-crickets. It rarely happens.

My mentor has told me that once I get my base defenses built up to a proper degree, I will be able to sleep nights without the looting. I hope so...

Oh, one more suggestion: Do not leave the game, unless you need to do something else. I just put the phone to sleep mode while in-game. It makes getting back in faster, especially in the wee hours when your cognitive powers are at a low ebb.

Don

I can't imagine waking up every hour to move my money - I don't seem to get attacked very often which may be a product of not being that high of a level - only level 12...just about to hit $1m/hr so it's nice to wake up with an extra $6-7 million and not have to worry about it. Whenever I purchase my income producing buildings, if I don't have enough to buy the next I need I just use the leftover cash for defensive buildings. Slowly but surely I have a good defense building as well.

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
So what did you guys do with your free honor points today? I already cashed mine in and spent on $$ buildings.

I did the same. Mine paid out at 38 million per 10. That was a nice boost and put me up to 10 million per hour now. I will continue until my net profit is 10. That means I need about 133 million more. I'll reach that this evening sometime. That was a nice and unexpected bonus from Storm8. I'm glad they are continuing to do this.

Bad

Last edited:

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty much the same as Wengleha, I stopped at 20 to get cash going, just hit 1m/h and have been loosing a little bit every hour, however since building a bit of defense up I now loose very little thankfully. My key stratergy throughtout has been keeping a max alliance of 4( top end of smallest alliance group 1-4), this way people can only attack with 12 units.. And you don't need a lot of defence building to make even the best 12 units always fail! This hasn't stopped me posting my code around alot, I have 100 odd waiting alliance requests- so as soon as I'm happy with my income, I can buy say 300 of the best attk/def units hit accept to all 100 alliance requests and I'm flying!

Enjoy the advice :p

That is a very good strategy but there is a downside. People who find you with means other than the battle list can still attack you no matter how many allies you have so if you have 4 allies and someone who has 100 allies attacks you, you are pretty much dead.

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
So what did you guys do with your free honor points today?

I have yet to spend my honor points, right now I have 145 points but I only get 4,125,000 per 10 honor points which is pretty much nothing. I also want to have some handy in case I need to change my name or country if someone is after me.

wengleha

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I didn't even see the free 40 honor points - which is nice because it also gave me 20 on iMobsters and 20 on Kingdoms Live...Kingdoms Live is probably my favorite but it's also a lot harder to build your income.

Xanderprime

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
What % upkeep is everyone trying to maintain? I've seen someone state online that you should maintain 10% of upkeep to income. I'm at around 26% now, not sure if I will gun for 10% as it will take forever to reach that goal with my current units.

HabsFan

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
I always bank unless I am buying something at that moment. I'll try to bank as much as I can which is every hour or 2 up until I go to bed. When I wake up in the morning I'll bank everything. I can usually go a few days without even getting attacked it seems.

I think when I don't attack anyone, I seem to stay off the attack list for quite sometime. Once I attack someone though, I seem to stay on it all day. Either that or people are bypassing me now. I have the max number of carriers that I can have (132), plus an additional 2800+ in defensive buildings so that could be keeping the attacks down a bit too.

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Ared, we have similar levels I'm 20, and also get nearly the exact same income. How abouts we get the same defense structures, and units an see how the attack points on profile work?

Sounds good, what is your username again?

Do you want me to catch up with you?

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I always bank unless I am buying something at that moment. I'll try to bank as much as I can which is every hour or 2 up until I go to bed. When I wake up in the morning I'll bank everything. I can usually go a few days without even getting attacked it seems.

I think when I don't attack anyone, I seem to stay off the attack list for quite sometime. Once I attack someone though, I seem to stay on it all day. Either that or people are bypassing me now. I have the max number of carriers that I can have (132), plus an additional 2800+ in defensive buildings so that could be keeping the attacks down a bit too.

You bring up a really good point about the attack list. It's also my theory that if I start engaging in battle more and more, I will be on the attack list longer. But then again sometimes I attack a lot and I see people on the attack list with much bigger and better units than I and still don't get attacked by them. I seem to get attacked mostly by people that are close to me in terms of attack and defense, and not by the people that would win against me no matter what.

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
What is with these alliances that people make. I saw one called the Red Army- a team of assassins they called themselves. What exactly do these armies do? Should we make one?