I've been hanging out at the justcalcit website for a few days now. It is a very useful tool for figuring what to buy, in terms of real estate. I am using it now to build myself up financially. Once I am content with that, I will start defending my base.

Someone ingame, who's opinion I respect, told me to take a break from leveling/fighting, and build myself up in this way. So I sold off all my units, and since monday have been doing this. Hopefully by next monday I will be back, better than ever, to harass you all (non-Americans, that is).

Don

P.S. Only since monday, my hourly is over 5 million, and growing.
    You just sold off your units that have an upkeep? Just to try to grow your money as much as possible? What level are you? 5 million an hour is rediculous...at least it seems like that to me now since I'm pulling 200k an hour.
    07-23-2009 12:44 PM
    I'm level 43, but I leveled too fast. I kept doing missions and that kept pushing me higher and higher. Without the upkeep units my income is growing fast. The only thing I am not sure of is exactly when to quit building my income and start the defenses. My 'mentor' didn't tell me that.

Another issue I'd like to hear some discussion on: How do you distribute your points? Those 3 points per level... I mean. Do you raise your stats across the board, or concentrate on Attack/Defense, or how?

At the present time I am just letting the JustCalcIt website guide my growth. At some point I'll stop with the income building... not sure when. On an interesting sidenote: I do not miss when the hourly deposit is made. Every hour, at 20 minutes past, I move the monies into my vault. This means, literally, I have been awake each and every hour at 20 minutes after, for the last two weeks... :o

I'm Tired,
    Bad
    Last edited by Badshah; 07-30-2009 at 09:43 AM.
    07-23-2009 02:22 PM
    Hi, I also made the mistake of leveling too fast when I began. I am currently at level 17 and when i began to progress through the game, I noticed that I was not making nearly enough. Recently I came up with a strategy that seems to be working pretty well. I disbanded all my units that require upkeep except the Medics and Naval Tankers. Although Naval Tankers are not the units with the highest defense, the M80 Stilettos are extremely overpriced. Now that my only upkeep comes from Naval Tankers and Medics, I now make about 700K an hour, although an improvement, I am still no where close to others.

My strategy now is to keep purchasing profit-producing building until I am making at least 5 million an hour (although I was told to wait until I make 10 million an hour). After reaching my profit goal, I will then start to purchase offensive units. Since I am at level 17 my highest amount of allies is 85 even though I have about 110. This means I can only command 255 units. I plan to buy many B-1 Lancers and M80 Stilettos while maintaining a 5 million dollar pay rate.

I have been playing this game for a while now and I am truly addicted

I do have one question for which I have not found a definitive answer.
    What exactly do the Defense and Attack Skill Points do? Are they the same as unit attack/defense and building defense (in which case they are pretty useless)? Or do they multiply your defense (in which case they are extremely, almost too helpful)?

Thanks in advance,
    Roonster
    Alliance Code: KV85XT
    07-23-2009 02:44 PM
    Another issue I'd like to hear some discussion on: How do you distribute your points? Those 3 points per level... I mean. Do you raise your stats across the board, or concentrate on Attack/Defense, or how?
    I just started to distribute 2 to defense and 1 to attack. Earlier in the game I kept adding to Energy, Health, and Ammo with some going to attack/defense occasionally. I am at Level 37 now, with 34 attack, 37 defense, 230 energy, 180 health, and 12 ammo. I think my health and ammo is more than enough for attacking now and I'm not doing any missions so thats why I focused on attack/defense.

In thinking about this though, I think I'm better off adding all to attack because I can "buy" defense buildings to add to my defense points with no max. However, I'm limited to attack according to level/alliance size and the max units attack points that is available to me so starting now I'll probably switch to all attack.

I do have one question for which I have not found a definitive answer.
    What exactly do the Defense and Attack Skill Points do? Are they the same as unit attack/defense and building defense (in which case they are pretty useless)? Or do they multiply your defense (in which case they are extremely, almost too helpful)?
    Good question. I doubt they would multiply your defense. I always assumed it would simply add 1 attack point for 1 attack skill point when you were attacking someone. Basically giving you some extra attack points above what your max units have.
    07-23-2009 02:58 PM
    What's the thinking behind leveling too fast? Why is this detrimental? I find doing the missions to be a good source of additional money at my current level (12).
    07-23-2009 03:45 PM
    The only problem I have had with leveling is finding myself surrounded by enemies that I can't ever hope to beat. I've had some levels where I made out OK, and others where I got my clock cleaned on a regular basis.

Otherwise, I don't know if it's all that bad. I do miss the extra income.
    07-23-2009 04:26 PM
    Leveling too fast is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. As you said you are faced with people that are way above your skill level and have the max attack and defense. Also, the money you make from doing missions is hardly anything compared to income from profit-producing buildings. Furthermore, missions require you to purchase useless units with money you could use to buy something more productive like a building.

Roonster,
    07-23-2009 04:33 PM

Good question. I doubt they would multiply your defense. I always assumed it would simply add 1 attack point for 1 attack skill point when you were attacking someone. Basically giving you some extra attack points above what your max units have.
    If you think about it, one attack/defense point is basically nothing. If you add up all your defense points it's somewhere in the thousands and maybe even the ten thousands. Even if a battle was close, there is hardly any chance of being a single attack/defense point away from your opponent.

Roonster,
    07-23-2009 04:39 PM
    If you think about it, one attack/defense point is basically nothing. If you add up all your defense points it's somewhere in the thousands and maybe even the ten thousands. Even if a battle was close, there is hardly any chance of being a single attack/defense point away from your opponent.

Roonster,
    Very true. I think the attack/defense skill points are probably more important in games like imobsters and vampires where you can't buy extra defense buildings. On imobsters I have almost 50 extra defense points which really helps me when I'm attacked. They probably don't play much of a role in war.
    07-23-2009 06:01 PM
    Leveling too fast is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. As you said you are faced with people that are way above your skill level and have the max attack and defense. Also, the money you make from doing missions is hardly anything compared to income from profit-producing buildings. Furthermore, missions require you to purchase useless units with money you could use to buy something more productive like a building.

Roonster,
    Well said, Sir. I couldn't agree more. By the way, I tried to add you but you are already in my alliance. It's good to have you.

Bad
    Q6DQCD
    Last edited by Badshah; 07-30-2009 at 09:44 AM.
    07-24-2009 08:34 AM
    Don,
    At your level and income - how much money do you get when you pay the 10 honor points to the president? I've been storing my points from the start and it seems to keep scaling higher as my income/level increases...only level 11 or 12 but I'm able to get $1.4m for 10 points - was just curious to see what you are able to get.
    07-24-2009 11:12 AM
    To be honest with you, I can't remember. I feel like it was about 6 million per each 10 Honor Points. I haven't received any lately, but I've been trying hard not to level, so maybe that's why.
    07-24-2009 11:41 AM
    Yeah, I've decided to forgoe leveling and stay at 12 for the time being - just getting my income going...around $350k an hour...slowly but surely. Started playing iMobsters as well which is a lot harder to get money going without leveling but its fun as well.
    07-24-2009 11:43 AM
    Don,
    At your level and income - how much money do you get when you pay the 10 honor points to the president? I've been storing my points from the start and it seems to keep scaling higher as my income/level increases...only level 11 or 12 but I'm able to get $1.4m for 10 points - was just curious to see what you are able to get.
    I'm at level 37 and the president is offering 9.589 million for 10 honor points. I have 80 that I'm holding onto until it gets higher as it keeps increasing.
    07-24-2009 11:51 AM
    The JustCalcIt website is the perfect tool for intelligently improving your financial infrastructure. I strongly suggest you take a look at it, if you want to build up. It also works the same way for your base defenses, but I have not started on that yet.
    07-24-2009 02:08 PM
    Question for all of you, are the attack and defense attributes flat figures or multipliers? I'm starting to think that each point you spend is a 1% bonus to attack or defense.
    07-24-2009 10:49 PM
    Well said, Sir. I couldn't agree more. By the way, I tried to add you but you are already in my alliance. It's good to have you.

Don
    Q6DQCD
    Thank you very much. What is your username?
    07-25-2009 05:06 PM
    Nevermind I found it.
    07-25-2009 05:09 PM
    Question for all of you, are the attack and defense attributes flat figures or multipliers? I'm starting to think that each point you spend is a 1% bonus to attack or defense.
    It seems to be that nobody has a real answer to this question. I really hope that Storm 8 decides to write a description of the Attack and Defense Skill Points in the "Help/FAQ" section of the home screen as they did with other terms unclear to beginners. I really had trouble starting out with this game; mainly the concept of sanctions.
    07-25-2009 05:21 PM
    After looking for a couple answers I ended up with more questions.

When I first posted I mentioned I was working on a spread sheet to not only show all the units their stats and the level they can be gained at, but also how to determine whether you can beat your opponent. After much searching there are still three things that no one seems to have any info on. The weight of attack and defense skill points compared to units and buildings, The actual advantage each nation has, and whether or not there is a win to lose variable when attacking and defending.

One of the times when I started out I put all my skill points into attacking and built several defensive buildings. Why put 20 points into defense when you can build 2 guard towers instead. Yet even though I had a ton of defensive buildings and more defensive power than my enemies attacking I would still die. So I restarted and have put about 28 points in attacking and bought more defensive units. Recently I took a screen shot of a battle with someone and added all the points up. He had waay more defense than my attack. If all points are equal I should have lost by all accounts, yet I didn't...

http://i31.tinypic.com/2psrb5t.jpg

Buildings defense weaker than units? or skill points weigh more than the units and buildings? Or should i go back to school and repeat Algebra?

Here's a couple questions I'm curious about

Nation advantages: What exact advantages do all nations have? If you're American and have an air advantage is that X more attack points for all airplanes?

Can you move between accounts on one iPhone with multiple itunes accounts or having multiple storm accounts or is your game account bound to your phone regardless? I know they introduced the ability to make an account under settings to transfer accounts to new phones, but say you made a second storm account on your new phone can you switch between them? I know if you delete and reinstall your account everything is still there from before.

I made a comment on "my profile" with my alliance code but it doesn't show up under news feed. Are people that click on my name able to see my comment? Is there a difference between the comments under My Profile and under the News Feed?

I swear when I started playing in June I was able to see the outcome of a battle after being attacked, that way i could see how many alliance the enemy used to attack me. Did they take that away or am i bugged? Or is my memory deceiving me?
    07-26-2009 07:04 AM
    Wow. A lot of questions there, and I certainly don't have complete answers to any of them. I have been playing this game for nearly a month now and I also remember being able to review the battle results after being attacking. Maybe my mind is simply making this up, but I do faintly remember being able to do this.

The "justcalcit.com" website offers a great deal of help but is lacking a unit calculator. The website is currently working on creating one and needs help with the levels at which each unit is available. If you can remember when you got ANY unit, or you can see the unit at the bottom of your list in gray with the level number under it, please submit it to :::I have 9 posts and I need 10 to post an email address, i will post it below::: so we can use their new feature sooner.
    07-26-2009 02:37 PM
    07-26-2009 02:40 PM
    Tyler, you have many good questions and have done a lot of work on the subject. I'm afraid at this point you know way more than I do, but I hope you will pursue your research and publish the results. It would be nice if Storm8 could publish some anwers. Perhaps they will.

I want to re-emphasize how helpful the JustCalcIt site has been to me so far. I will hit 9 million in income tonight, and 10 tomorrow. Then I can rebuild my forces. It's been hard staying out of the fray this long but I think it will pay off in the long run.

Bad

P.S. Thanks to KRAS for setting me on this path.
    Last edited by Badshah; 07-30-2009 at 09:45 AM.
    07-26-2009 05:25 PM
    I have been using the justcalcit website as well, but my income just doesn't seem to be getting that much higher. I am currently at 862,700 an hour and have been in that range for a few days now because I had to buy more Naval Tankers since I leveled up.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance
    07-26-2009 05:47 PM
    I have been using the justcalcit website as well, but my income just doesn't seem to be getting that much higher. I am currently at 862,700 an hour and have been in that range for a few days now because I had to buy more Naval Tankers since I leveled up.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance
    Focus on just buying buildings. Don't level up (no missions, no attacking). Once you get to an income you are happy with, focus on defense (maximum units for your alliance, and lots and lots of buildings).

I have an alliance of 40 and during battles am attacked with those that have an alliance of 40-44. (I need to add 4 more to my alliance). I calculated that the highest attack someone could attack me with is 132 B2 bombers so that is 14520 attack points. My goal is to surpass that in defense points between buildings and units (max of 132) once I have an alliance of 44.
    07-26-2009 06:07 PM
350 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD