The new version is out and I really want to get it, but I have some questions. I know some other people here like Duvi has a nav system on their iPhone...

Do you have to have it mounted near the windshield to get it to work correctly, or can you hold it in your hand or what?

And if you get a phone call, can you interrupt your nav session and then resume it once the call is over?

kthxbai

haha

That's so mature, Wayne.
    07-08-2009 06:00 AM
    It works anywhere, doesn't need to be near the windshield.

I think I've only got one call while using the app and it started right back up after the call if I remember correctly..
    07-08-2009 07:14 AM
    Cool, thanks man! Downloading now.
    07-08-2009 07:19 AM
    Okay, I've had this for a few days now. I live in the Shenandoah Valley, about 8 miles south of Luray and the Luray Caverns. Unfortunately, ATT hasn't expanded 3G out here yet, so I'm still on Edge (shivers) where ever I am. But this app is perfect, even though my town doesn't have any stoplights. There are only three in Luray.

But the maps are accurate, the coordination is accurate, even the speed readout on the iPhone is accurate. I'm giving this 4 stars, and I'm calling it a Killer App. The only things it's lacking are full screen rotation and the voice directions are not enough at times. Some other GPS units talk to you more often than this does.

Overall, I would highly recommend this to anyone, even if you live in Mayberry RFD. If anyone is old enough to know what I'm talking about here.

Great app, **** out of ***** stars.
    07-09-2009 04:13 PM
    I had a shake at the soda fountain in Mayberry one time... oh, nevermind, that wasn't me...

New to iPhones and trying to get up to speed quickly. I was ready to purcahse G-Maps East and then heard rumor that the next OS upgrade would release the turn by turn feature in the 3Gs.

Am I wrong with this? I would love to remove my Magellan from the dash board and truly be down to just one [glorious] device!!
    07-17-2009 11:51 AM
    Don't know about that. I'm still using a 3G.
    07-17-2009 02:46 PM
    I had a shake at the soda fountain in Mayberry one time... oh, nevermind, that wasn't me...

New to iPhones and trying to get up to speed quickly. I was ready to purcahse G-Maps East and then heard rumor that the next OS upgrade would release the turn by turn feature in the 3Gs.

Am I wrong with this? I would love to remove my Magellan from the dash board and truly be down to just one [glorious] device!!
    G-Map already has voice spoken turn-by-turn directions.
    07-17-2009 03:46 PM
    And if you're in Mayberry, the voice sounds like Don Knotts.
    07-17-2009 04:05 PM

wha...?
    thanks for the tip. Checking it out now.
    07-17-2009 04:26 PM
    It really is a great app, even if you have no 3G signal, like me. I'm stuck on the Edge. I feel like that retarded pizza commercial where the kid says I've been to the edge and back, except I never came back.
    07-17-2009 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD