Need Some App Advice??

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know a good camera app which will allow you to zoom? I looked at "Camera Zoom" and it does not have great reviews and it seems to not be working with 3.0. Any ideas? Thanks :)

CarlyLyon

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
best ting to do is WAIT it will come out soon with the new OS ive been waiting too lol..let me know if you find anything

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You could try the case with the built in zoom lens, or go here and buy their add on iPhone lens. I know adding a lens to an iPhone sounds ridiculous, but I got it, and for $20 it's pretty amazing. Double lens with wide angle and macro.

Last edited:

caspianx67

Jul 21, 2009
www.mattnewby.com
A digital "zoom" is nothing more than an in-camera crop. You have more options (framing the shot, sharpening, etc.) if you take a normal picture, then crop it afterward. In fact, sometimes the digital zoom will produce a file that's just as big dimensions-wise as a normal shot, and correspondingly larger file size, which is a waste of storage space!

astrosaurus

Jun 18, 2009
www.astrosaurus.com
Yeah, all digital zooms do is essentially stretch the image and make it worse quality. You're not gaining anymore information by doing it, just increasing what's available. Unfortunately I don't have any recommendations for ya, as I don't really care for 'em. But good luck! Hope you find one you like.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Tried it

Ok, so for $.99 it was worth the experiment of a program claiming to do digital zoom. I got CameraZoom, and these are the results. Maybe not the greatest subject for the experiment, but what the heck. It was 3' away and I didn't have to move to try it. :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I tried the extremeusb.com site and it keeps going to icron.com and has only USB products :confused: the added lens sounds cool so would love to get the right site.

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded camera zoom & you are right it's not that bad but it's not great either. The closer you zoom in the worse the image gets. Like other people have posted here it crops. Then again it's $.99!!! I do wish Apple would add some sort of zoom or more camera functions in their app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711