Best sports app?

canamera

May 23, 2009
Visit site
I've always used ScoreMobile so I really can't say if its better or not. But with that said... I wouldn't trade it for another one unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
SportsTap: simply for the reason it pushes scores... right now it's just baseball but as the other sports start up they are adding them all.

They beat ESPN to the punch. So until ESPN updates for push, SportsTap is the way to go.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I just found out over the weekend SportsTap was pushing and it seemed to be working getting Marlins updates, but it never gave me the final score push.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I just found out over the weekend SportsTap was pushing and it seemed to be working getting Marlins updates, but it never gave me the final score push.

Sometimes the scores come in so fast you may have missed it. Or if a text comes in after a score update you lose the update...

I thought the same thing was happening to me for the Sox/Cub games but yesterday I got both final scores.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Sometimes the scores come in so fast you may have missed it. Or if a text comes in after a score update you lose the update...

I thought the same thing was happening to me for the Sox/Cub games but yesterday I got both final scores.

Oh, good point. There is no badge for SportsTap so there really aren't any record of pushes you get from it. This all ties into the biggest need for the iPhone OS, a better notification system. I think this is one place where the Pre shines.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Except for all the hardware issues, of course. Im not aware of any iPhone users going for their 4th iPhone due to the same defects. I'm actually shocked at Palm for this. I read these over at precentral.

But yeah, I think Apple will make the push system better. Like having the ability to have more than one push note on the screen at the same time.