call recorder

slipnutz15

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Actually, there are legal issues depending on what state you're in. They passed the Wiretap Act for a reason. In PA, both parties have be aware the act is occurring.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
The U.S. federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call. A majority of the states and territories have adopted wiretapping statutes based on the federal law, although most have also extended the law to cover in-person conversations. 38 states and the D.C. permit recording telephone conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so.

12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

It is illegal under all jurisdictions to record calls in which one is not a party.

adrianlandy

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
call recording

I am living in Ireland and there is no legal issues with call recording.I have a Nokia E71 with call recorder.The app was downloaded from the Nokia web site.It is a very useful app.

DDAY

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
When people need to know they're being recorded, it is if the recording will be used against said party in a criminal/civil affair. Some states don't require it for civil suits. But allowing a call recorder on an iphone doesn't put any liability in Apple's lap. If that was the case, ALL recording devices would be liable. Almost every Samsung dating back five years has a record option, so..yeah.

dawilde1

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
regardless of legal issues (it is not illegal) is there an app that will allow a voice recording? all my other phones have had this ability now the iPhone cannot do this that I am aware of. Help.

IJudgeYou

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
In Ontario Canada, You must inform the other party that you are recording them.

That is not correct.

I am a law school graduate studying for my Bar, and the only thing that is required in ALL of Canada, is that one party is aware of the recording. It is not required that both parties know.

suede

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I've seen this question posted in a number of forums, and it's surprising how many people jump right to the legal issues and treat the question as creepy. Not everyone who wants to record an interview is trying to play detective. As a music writing, I've been recording artist interviews for about a decade, and it's pretty much the only time I ever use my land line.

To the last point, a simply $20 USB power adapter will take care of any battery worries.

dinadana

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm using IMCapture for FaceTime. It records but only facetime calls - both video and audio.
Andf about soft which actually recording 3g phone calls - didn't hear anything. Maybe only in spy movies)

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I want to bring this up again since some time has passed. Is there an app / jail break app that allows this that does not put the recording on an offsite server?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2