Best app for diabetics?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone I have type 1 diabetes and was just wondering what the best app would be for me. Anyone with experience using an app like that please comment. I am particularly looking for an app that has a ton of food sources, that state carb's. Thanks for any help in advance.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I am Type I as well. I got very excited to see some of the really cool stuff that 3.0 was going to able to bring the iPhone as far as diabetics were concerned. There are several Apps for diabetes in the App Store. Just type in "Diabetes" in the search window of the App Store and you see a whole list of them. One that I saw that looked interesting was Glucose Buddy.

I would like to see who comes out with one first that "syncs" with a Glucose Meter that I use to check my Blood Sugar with.

If anyone knows of one out there yet, please share!!:)

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I am Type I as well. I got very excited to see some of the really cool stuff that 3.0 was going to able to bring the iPhone as far as diabetics were concerned. There are several Apps for diabetes in the App Store. Just type in "Diabetes" in the search window of the App Store and you see a whole list of them. One that I saw that looked interesting was Glucose Buddy.

I would like to see who comes out with one first that "syncs" with a Glucose Meter that I use to check my Blood Sugar with.

If anyone knows of one out there yet, please share!!:)

So do you actually use any of the apps yet that are available? I am hesitant to purchase one because I don't want one to come out next month that I would like better and that does communicate with my BG checker. I watched the unveiling of 3.0os and Johnson and Johnson said they would be creating an app that communicates with the checker so let' s keep our fingers crossed. Do you use a pump?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Diabetes Pilot also looks promising. Helps keep up with A1C which is very helpful.:) Looks like it is awaiting 3.0 approval though.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
So do you actually use any of the apps yet that are available? I am hesitant to purchase one because I don't want one to come out next month that I would like better and that does communicate with my BG checker. I watched the unveiling of 3.0os and Johnson and Johnson said they would be creating an app that communicates with the checker so let' s keep our fingers crossed. Do you use a pump?

I have not bought an App yet. I was waiting to see if anyone came up with an App like the one that was demoed in the 3.0 presentation. The one that could connect a Meter to an iPhone via a USB/BT. I will give it another month or so before jumping in.

I still use the "pen". It works well for me for now. I am looking into getting the OmniPod pump though. (MyOmniPod.com) That is the first pump that has really interested me.

Are you on the Pump?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I have not bought an App yet. I was waiting to see if anyone came up with an App like the one that was demoed in the 3.0 presentation. The one that could connect a Meter to an iPhone via a USB/BT. I will give it another month or so before jumping in.

I still use the "pen". It works well for me for now. I am looking into getting the OmniPod pump though. (MyOmniPod.com) That is the first pump that has really interested me.

Are you on the Pump?

yes i'm currently using the Animas Ping. Best decision i've ever made. I had no control over my bg before even with eating NO CARBS lol, so my endo suggested a pump haven't turned back since.......go to animascorp.com best customer service i've ever had as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73