9.99/mo subscription charged on your AT&T wireless bill. Cancel at any time*.

Named "Consumer Navigation Application of the Year" by Frost & Sullivan

AT&T Navigator transforms your iPhone 3G and 3GS into a voice-guided GPS navigation system for traveling across the country and just across town.

For iPhone 3G with 3.0 OS and iPhone 3G S

Features:
    Voice-guided and 3D onscreen GPS navigation keeps your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road
    Automatic rerouting will get you there even if you miss a turn
    Regular map updates are automatic and included so you never have to purchase updates.
    Real-time traffic updates and one click rerouting saves you time on your daily commute
    Searching for gas by price saves you money at the pump
    Enter an address from your iPhone or from the convenience of your computer before leaving home. Search AT&T Navigator for the closest coffee house, ATM or Wi-Fi hotspot along with ratings from a listing of over 10 million business listings.

$9.99/mo subscription. The monthly fee will appear on your AT&T wireless bill.

*Note: Deleting the app from your iPhone does not stop the monthly subscription charge. To cancel the subscription and fee you must go online at att.com/directbill or call AT&T at (800) 331-0500

Buy it now oniTunes Store
    06-23-2009 10:26 AM
    Omg... thanks for sharing. This is what I've been waiting for!

Aside from bbm, this is probably the only thing I use on a constant basis.
    06-23-2009 10:51 AM
    Yea thank for sharing gonna go check it out now.
    06-23-2009 11:10 AM
    anyone download this yet and how did you like it?
    06-23-2009 11:30 AM
    where can we download this from? It is not in the app store
    06-23-2009 11:47 AM
    where can we download this from? It is not in the app store
    i found it on the app store the name that i typed in was att navigator
    06-23-2009 11:48 AM
    hrmm. another 9 a month app for turn-by-turn.

hope when ever tomtom get's theirs out they take a different approach.

or something comes along for people who would like to use such apps but dont need them regularly..
    06-23-2009 12:40 PM
    Gmap is looking better all the time. Xroad US East is really all I think I might need. Just maps stored on the device.
    06-23-2009 12:45 PM
    hrmm. another 9 a month app for turn-by-turn.

hope when ever tomtom get's theirs out they take a different approach.

or something comes along for people who would like to use such apps but dont need them regularly..
    I agree, I very rarely use nav now as it is but when I go out of town i may need it. Just seems like an un needed expense when I can just get by with the directions the map's app that came with the phone can do anyways.
    06-23-2009 12:45 PM
    I agree, I very rarely use nav now as it is but when I go out of town i may need it. Just seems like an un needed expense when I can just get by with the directions the map's app that came with the phone can do anyways.
    yup. heck 9 times outa 10 im near a computer and just print it out as it stands right now since it's still easier to read off a sheet of paper. then to fiddle with unlocking my phone and hoping i dont close the app out accidently :P
    06-23-2009 01:19 PM
    yup. heck 9 times outa 10 im near a computer and just print it out as it stands right now since it's still easier to read off a sheet of paper. then to fiddle with unlocking my phone and hoping i dont close the app out accidently :P
    +1000 to that !! Hate when my iphone locks, and i need to start all over for whatever I was doing....lol
    06-23-2009 01:26 PM
    I think $9 additional for turn by turn navigation is too much already! Shouldn't ATT just give iPhone users a one time fee and that's it. I will be patient to wait for the official release of their navigation sofware for the iPhone hoping it would be cheaper.
    06-23-2009 01:48 PM
    I think $9 additional for turn by turn navigation is too much already! Shouldn't ATT just give iPhone users a one time fee and that's it. I will be patient to wait for the official release of their navigation sofware for the iPhone hoping it would be cheaper.
    Isn't the AT&T Navigator the "official software" for the iphone? I'm cornfused now lol
    06-23-2009 01:49 PM
    it up in the App Store now came out to day click on http://appshopper.com/link/att-navig...ee-on-att-bill will take you to it
    06-23-2009 02:12 PM
    it up in the App Store now came out to day click on iTunes Store will take you to it
    I think we know where it was located, just didn't know if that was the software that att would be coming out with officially or not?
    06-23-2009 02:21 PM
    I want a turn by turn nav that installs the maps on drive not "stream" it. You loose your signal your screwed, why I like Tom Tom.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-23-2009 at 03:17 PM.
    06-23-2009 03:08 PM
    The one thing I miss about my Verizon LG Dare is the VZ Navigator. Great program and the $9.99 monthly fee was rolled into an "everything" plan. My new 3GS really needs turn-by-turn!
    06-23-2009 03:18 PM
    The navigation engine behind AT&T Navigation is Telenav, and it beats TomTom 6 ways to Sunday. If you lose your signal, you will still get your turn by turn unless you go off course and the app has to correct.

It does seem that you need a texting plan to use this though - that seems a little odd.
    06-23-2009 03:20 PM
    I would like AT&T to do something like Sprint did with the PRE. They are including a NAV app like this for FREE! That is a nice feature.
    06-23-2009 03:29 PM
    The navigation engine behind AT&T Navigation is Telenav, and it beats TomTom 6 ways to Sunday. If you lose your signal, you will still get your turn by turn unless you go off course and the app has to correct.

It does seem that you need a texting plan to use this though - that seems a little odd.
    I believe that is incorrect.. let me find the review. There was somewhere I read about the difference, locating it. I have a standalone Tom Tom Go 720 and it rocks.. never fails me.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-23-2009 at 04:04 PM.
    06-23-2009 03:55 PM
    So AT&T Nav doesn't install maps onto the device? Does it keep loading maps as you go? Or does it cache your route?

Anyone test it yet? Navigation apps were next thing I have been waiting for.
    06-23-2009 04:07 PM
    So AT&T Nav doesn't install maps onto the device? Does it keep loading maps as you go? Or does it cache your route?

Anyone test it yet? Navigation apps were next thing I have been waiting for.
    That's exactly what I read, loads as you go as oppose to Tom Tom which doesn't.... just trying to find it.
    06-23-2009 04:11 PM
    ah! this is the app i was waiting for!! i used this on my bold all the time and it worked great! as far as losing the signal, even if you lose cell coverage, the map continues to track you and work. you might lose cell coverage, but not gps.
    06-23-2009 05:07 PM
    On my bold it seemed to load a few miles of basic road data ahead of me and when I had drop outs it would just keep you moving along that path. Eventually the map would run out and then you had a gps with no map. Spead, heading, lat/long.

My question is do you think I can use this app without extra fees? I have the nav plan on my bold and I swap my sim nights and weekends. If I download the app will it just work since I have nav on the acct? It's an enterprise plan so I can't add iPhone stuff to it since I don't pay the bill.
    06-23-2009 08:48 PM
    Though I'll give it a try I really want the TomTom app. On my Bold the AT&T navigator app was a frustrating interface. Hopefully it's better on the iPhone. The search features were no wherenear as good as Google maps. Often I would have to look somewhere up in Google maps and the put the adress in AT&T navigator to get the voice nav.
    06-23-2009 08:58 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD